• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Problem after choosing Amazon Prime

mythix

AnyStream crashes when I choose Amazon Prime after first install. I cannot re-run it after.

If after a second install I choose Netflix, it works, but as soon as I click Amazon, it crashes again and not able to start the software again.

Any clue?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.1.0_Dump_20200922174325.astdmp
    700.7 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyStream_1.0.1.0_Dump_20200922174359.astdmp
    697.1 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyStream_1.0.1.0_Dump_20200922174513.astdmp
    695.4 KB · Views: 2
Could you please try removing the folder

%appdata%\RedFox\AnyStream

and run AnyStream again. This would, however, require you to login to Amazon again.

It recreates the directory and crashes again

Edit: For some reason, I crashed when using RDP to control computer remotely. Stopping RDP and control directly the computer allows me to run the software. Weird but fixed.

Last edited:
Glad you are able to use the software.

The problem, however, appears to be very interesting and deserves some further investigation.

No issue with Netflix using RDP. Maybe some sort of DRM protection to the Amazon page? Or driver issue?

It is due to the differences in implementation, while we use a built-in browser for Amazon, Netflix is an in-house development.

Regarding the problem itself - no, DRM has nothing to do with it. It is a Qt vs. graphics driver OpenGL compatibility conflict.

Back