• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Solved] on AnyStream 1.2.1.1 AP subtitle not saved at all, although selected.

RAFox

I downloaded ST LowerDecks S2E5 with subtitle selected, but it only downloaded the mp4, no subtitle.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.1.1 Star Trek Lower Decks Season 2 Episode 5.astlog
    74.4 KB · Views: 1
You can either store them embedded in the file or as external file (.srt and .ttml).
Go to settings, the second page (download) and at the bottom there is a drop down where you can select betweet the three options.

If you are going to redownload the episode, make sure to either rename, delete or move the video to another directory as otherwise AS will ask you if you want to overwrite the file or cancel the download. After the download has begun, check if the files are there and then you can cancel it as they will always download first.

I just discovered that the subtitles are overwriting again, so can you tell me if the subtitle file has the proper file name at the end (video name.en.us.srt for example) or if it's just videoname..srt? This might help the devs to find the issue.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/subtitles-are-overwriting-again.82306/

I re-installed v.1.2.0 and the subtitles (.srt) download completely before the mp4 is completed, but I noticed in v.1.2.1.1 that in HM the subtitles are not downloaded until the mp4 file is completed, and not at all in AP.

Maybe all of this has something to do with 1.1.2.1s new funktion:
  • New: added support for segmented subtitles (HBO)

After re-installing 1.2.1.0 as mentioned above, I re-installed v1.2.1.1 and re-tested all the providers, and they seem OK now, even the same episode on AP downloaded the subtitle file without issue (odd indeed). I would say that this 'issue' is now resolved.

It's not resolved, it's avoided. A problem with a specific version isn't fixed by going back a version, it's fixed by posting logfiles and finding the bug in the 1121 version and posting a new release

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you had read my last post correctly, I did re-install v1.2.1.1 after I had re-installed v1.2.1.0, and the problem could NOT be duplicated. The only thing I noticed is that on HM some subtitles files do not show-up until the mp4 file is completed.

Ah, my bad. Misread the post! Just ignore it :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The only thing I noticed is that on HM some subtitles files do not show-up until the mp4 file is completed.
Yes, the reason is because many subtitles on hbo are retrieved "line by line" during the download. They are not available in a single file beforehand.

Back