• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Solved] No Sound

You keep mentioning "empty folders", what does that mean?

I guess the best way is just to show you. Here are 3 screen captures, 1250, 1281 and 1283. They're from a simple BD-25 with 2 languages, English and German. I un-check the German and with all version leading up to 1250 only the fold with the chosen language remains. After 1250 up to 1281 the empty language folder is still present in PowerDVD and my Oppo, it won't play in my Oppo even using the un-scaled original audio. Version 1283 changes the name of the folder and now it plays on the Oppo but not if I down scale a BD-50 to 25. Hope this helps.1250.jpg 1281.jpg 1283.jpg

No wonder nobody understood what you meant by folders. There's no such thing. You're talking about audio language tracks.

No wonder nobody understood what you meant by folders. There's no such thing. You're talking about audio language tracks.

I'll remember that should it ever come up again. I guess because CloneBD has always been so simple to use I think of it in the simplest terms. The audio tracks being removed became empty folders to me, sorry for the confusion.

I un-check the German and with all version leading up to 1250 only the fold with the chosen language remains.
Brief explanation of the differing behaviour:
Up to version 1250, CloneBD just dumped unwanted tracks, removed them, as if they'd never been there.
This has severe side effects, if you remove, for example, the first (#1) audio track (let's say English), and leave the second (#2 maybe Japanese).

The result would be that, in order to select "Japanese" now, you'd have to pick "English" in the menu. Because now the Japanese language is #1. And the BD-J or HDMV code on the disc references the audio tracks by index only.

To fix this, CloneBD now leaves all the entries in place, but changes the attributes to represent a still existing language, name, format, ....
There's just currently a little bug, that causes this not to work correctly with some players (like Oppo), because these attributes are taken from the original track, instead of the new attributes after conversion.

Version 1283 changes the name of the folder and now it plays on the Oppo but not if I down scale a BD-50 to 25.
Are you sure? I don't see how the video-conversion (BD-50 -> 25) has anything to do with it.
It should only be about audio conversion.

Brief explanation of the differing behaviour:
Up to version 1250, CloneBD just dumped unwanted tracks, removed them, as if they'd never been there.
This has severe side effects, if you remove, for example, the first (#1) audio track (let's say English), and leave the second (#2 maybe Japanese).

The result would be that, in order to select "Japanese" now, you'd have to pick "English" in the menu. Because now the Japanese language is #1. And the BD-J or HDMV code on the disc references the audio tracks by index only.

To fix this, CloneBD now leaves all the entries in place, but changes the attributes to represent a still existing language, name, format, ....
There's just currently a little bug, that causes this not to work correctly with some players (like Oppo), because these attributes are taken from the original track, instead of the new attributes after conversion.

Are you sure? I don't see how the video-conversion (BD-50 -> 25) has anything to do with it.
It should only be about audio conversion.

You're right, video conversion has nothing to do with it. But when you convert the audio to make it all fit on a BD-25 it doesn't play on the Oppo. Using the original audio now works fine using the new beta 1283 with a BD-25 or BD-50. BD-50 blanks cost around $100 for 50 while BD-25 blanks are 23.99 for 50. Converting DTS to Dolby AC3 used to always work fine and sound good, but now it no longer works at all for me. I know it's only some players and I happen to have one of them.

You're right, video conversion has nothing to do with it. But when you convert the audio to make it all fit on a BD-25 it doesn't play on the Oppo.
Ah, I get it.
OK, no worries, next beta will fix your problem (it's already fixed, apparently they're not done with some of the AMD stuff, though).

Ah, I get it.
OK, no worries, next beta will fix your problem (it's already fixed, apparently they're not done with some of the AMD stuff, though).

Thank you.

The new beta is working great for me, no problems at all. Thank you.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Back