• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Midway (2019) ScreenPass Protection

It'll be posted here in this thread. But yes, we need to wait for Pete. He'll let us know when he thinks we should try again.

Midway should be fully supported now.

I'll check in a bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is fixed and working. Thanks, Pete!

NOTE TO ALL: It should be noted that AnyDVD provides the ONLY solution for FULL DISC BACKUP of these UHD screen pass protected discs.
EDIT: Ok, it seems another product has updated their ability to do full disc backups now but not as seamless as AnyDVD IMO.

Last edited:
this is great news !!!!! congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is fixed and working. Thanks, Pete!

NOTE TO ALL: It should be noted that AnyDVD provides the ONLY solution for FULL DISC BACKUP of these UHD screen pass protected discs.
EDIT: Ok, it seems another product has updated their ability to do full disc backups now but not as seamless as AnyDVD IMO.
hi how and with what version? i have the Uk version and running anydvd 8.4.7.3 and no joy

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.3_Info_E_MIDWAY.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
Your disc has a different AACS key than mine so you should post it using my OPD parsing tool in the unsupported thread to track it. The disc needs to be able to be decrypted before screen pass can be removed.

I'm saying figuring out that order is a pain in the ass and you aren't going to do it by trial and error. Screenpass has literally dozens of fake, WRONG playlists. Figuring out the proper playlist isn't a matter of looking at a couple of files on the disc and saying to yourself "oh, yes, clearly it's this file order".

I just meant so long as they keep it to just over a handful of main data files, it seems workable. First just look for opening credits, then look for credits sequence finish so two are done, then see what the scene is where the first one ends and the last file begins and then look over the handful of datafiles to see which match those, then just a few left. I mean a pain, but pretty doable. That said, as I said, I don't know much about ScreenPass and maybe on some they split it onto dozens of data files (not talking playlists, wasn't talking about even looking at playlists at all) and it starts to become a mess, although perhaps they never go that far since it might start possible creating too many potential playback hiccups?

I just meant so long as they keep it to just over a handful of main data files, it seems workable. First just look for opening credits, then look for credits sequence finish so two are done, then see what the scene is where the first one ends and the last file begins and then look over the handful of datafiles to see which match those, then just a few left. I mean a pain, but pretty doable. That said, as I said, I don't know much about ScreenPass and maybe on some they split it onto dozens of data files (not talking playlists, wasn't talking about even looking at playlists at all) and it starts to become a mess, although perhaps they never go that far since it might start possible creating too many potential playback hiccups?

Yes they create fake m2ts files with repeating scenes and other nonsense, as well. This is why you need something like AnyDVD to determine the correct playlist containing not just the proper order, but, the proper files, as well.

Yes they create fake m2ts files with repeating scenes and other nonsense, as well. This is why you need something like AnyDVD to determine the correct playlist containing not just the proper order, but, the proper files, as well.

Knives out had two duplicate files, they were trivial to spot. Midway seems to have sized them all differently. With only a bit over a handful of main files still seems possible to figure it out in a reasonable amount of time. Although if you are using a program that is able to show blu-ray/UHD menus and you want it to all work naturally through and through you would need the full fix. Also if it was a title you'd never seen before, doing what I said above you ptentially end up revealing unwanted spoilers and such.

anyway, whatever, it seems they have AnyDVD working it now, so that's great.

Those are 2 titles. On blu-ray this protection has been around a long time and there are a LOT of variations. Judging a protection by what you see on 1 or 2 titles isn't even remotely a complete story.

Does Anydvd do anything to assist handbrake in knowing which title is the correct title? It plays fine after a clone to iso in a video player, but handbrake cannot determine the correct title to rip. Just in case something can be done...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.1.0_Info_Q_MIDWAY_08A35936_8B8644D5.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
That's on handbrake not AnyDVD. AnyDVD exposes the proper playlist in the disc.inf virtual file that gets generated when AnyDVD is running on a protected disc or ISO.

Back