• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] Issues with Sound Speeding up and Slowing Down

Ghildebr

I ripped Zombiland: Double Tap last week and just got around to watching it a couple of days ago. I used AnyDVD 8.4.4.0 and CloneBD x64 1.2.7.4 and everything was successful. I converted it to a .mkv file with H264 and AC3 audio stream. The movie itself had no issues with the sound, at least that I could tell, but when it started playing the end credits and "Burning Love" there was a very noticeable choppy beat to the song. The beat was fluctuating drastically. I have cut a sample of this so that someone can hear what I am talking about. I no longer have that BluRay but have been able to reproduce this on 2 different machines using a "RUSH Clockwork Angels BluRay" that I successfully ripped back in December 2014 using a older versions of AnyDVD and CloneBD and that rip plays perfectly. The new rip that I did with the latest versions of the software has the same issues that I am describing in the Zombiland rip. What logs can I provide to assist with troubleshooting?

Well I cant get the file to upload. It's 34 MB in size. That may be the issue. Even tried to zip it. No luck.

You mean like the background sound is speeding up/slowing down? Your don't happen to have the 'remove cinavia ... CloneBD' setting enabled in anydvd do you (the bottom check box)? And you're downscaling audio?

Cause if you answer yes to both, what you're hearing is normal and a side effect of the cinavia removal

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I do have the "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream during copy" checked. I can uncheck that and retry and see if that makes a difference. The sound I am describing is the song that is playing during the end credits screen and yes I am downscaling audio. I did try a rip of the RUSH BluRay at a Lossless Audio and that had the same issue. I will remove the check box and re-test. Thanks for the input. I will reply back once the test concludes.

That's your problem then, anydvd doesn't really know if cinavia is present on a disc or not. This is because actually detecting it, requires some form of audio processing which anydvd can't do, bit CloneBD can. Which is is why CloneBD CAN detect or and warn you if it does (because CloneBD DOES process audio). All anydvd knows to look for is:

1. Is the 'remove cinavia...' setting enabled?
2. Is the user downscaling audio in CloneBD?

if both of those checks come back as true, anydvd applies the removal fix during CloneBD's audio processing which brings that audio side-effect, regardless of the fact of the disc actually has cinavia or not on it.

You can keep downscaling audio as much as you want, just don't have the 'remove cinavia...' setting active in combination with it, unless you're DAMN sure the title actually has cinavia.

That fixed everything. Thanks Ch3vr0n. I believe I turned this on about 6 months ago when I did actually have a BluRay with Cinavia. Never really noticed it after that. When watching this one I didn't notice it until the credits. Just noticed this one by accident. Then I started trying to reproduce the issue and everything I was trying had it. I am glad it was a simple fix.

Good to hear, please note, that you'll have to redo EVERY title you did with that setting enabled if it bothers you on the other titles too.

Back