[SOLVED] How to copy a blu ray disk to a dvd disk using clonebd

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by gorillamotors, Apr 16, 2020.

1. gorillamotors

gorillamotors Member

How to copy a blu ray movie to a 4.7gb dvd disk using clonebd? Can clonebd utilize the udf file system?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

On the "Target" page. Set the destination as "BD-5" (single layer dvd) or "BD-9" (double layer dvd), and do the encode. Done

Yes cloneBD can obviously handle the UDF filesystem, because that's the only file system BD's use.

NOTE: it will still output/burn a BD structure on a DVD. It will NOT convert a blu-ray structure (BDMV/Certificate folder) into a DVD structure (VIDEO_TS)! You also need to check your player manual if it supports BD5/9 playback as not all of them do.

3. gorillamotors

gorillamotors Member

I want it to have a DVD-5 structure NOT a BD-5 structure.

4. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

This won't be possible with CBD. Only BD and UHD - BD media is supported. You'll have to take an other program.

5. Yarc

Yarc Well-Known Member

The original feature list of CBD, years ago, contained the option to convert to DVD, but this was removed from the list. I don't think many people have asked for it on this forum, so maybe that is why the option was dropped.

kufo likes this.
  6. gorillamotors

gorillamotors Member

I posted twice here and both posts have been removed. WHY??? I assume this post will also be removed!!

7. kufo

kufo Well-Known Member

You have described a third-party product and the way to purchase it. That is undesirable. Have a look at the forum rules.
    Nice if it works, but then post it to the provider of this software.

8. Ch3vr0n

I'm the one who did it, and system should have notified you. Check your notifications / DM's

9. gorillamotors

gorillamotors Member

It did not until I posted the comment where I posted twice and both posts were removed. After Kufo made the comment I then checked the rules. I did not think at the time what I sent was forbidden. Sorry.

10. Ch3vr0n

You should have a notification / conversation in the top right corner of the forum. If i failed to enable that setting upon deleting the post. My apologies. I always try to send out a notification if a post gets deleted. Users have a right to know why. In this case, lets just say the posts in question were promoting a third party product in a redfox forum section not meant for it it. (We have a third party product section precisely for that reason)

The main thing is it's good you found a solution. As to the payment option you said. Well, let's just say they're a chinese company, using chinese payment providers. Redfox can't do that, that easily.

That said, maybe the functionality you were looking for will get added (again).

testiles and kufo like this.
  11. gorillamotors

gorillamotors Member

I hope so. I have used AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, CloneDVD2 for over 10 years now and never had a problem. I just needed a BD to DVD-5 conversion.