Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by KBJ2007, Oct 28, 2020.
Works fine here
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Not working here. Chrome gives an error stating that the EXE cannot be downloaded securely...
Using Chrome here as well. Tried Firefox and it worked just fine so apparently, Chrome is blocking it for some reason.
Works in firefox. That said, did some testing. The problem lies with the SSL certificate. Chrome complains its not valid for the sandbox subdomain (hosting the actual file), it seems to load the certificate for the alpha subdomain. @James i tried changing the url you posted from http to https but that doesn't fix the problem. This likely needs manual intervention on the SSL certificate
@KBJ2007 and @Matt West Please try another browser in the mean time. I can tell you from my end FireFox 82 works fine.
works fine here. http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyDVD8501.exe
Sometimes Chrome download exe competely but It don't display the save dialog. ( I don't know why, it occurs when I download AnyStream Beta.)
I grabbed the file off of Opera, and it downloaded fine.
Usually, I use either Chrome or Edge (a Chromium based browser), but I like to not stick to just one particular browser.
I learned my lesson on that with Internet Explorer years ago.
Now I use aria2c to download exe when use HTTP.
sandbox.redfox.bz has no ssl cert (yet). So if you are trying https;// and force the web server to provide a ssl cert (which is not configured), the server provides the first cert he finds - even if it's the wrong one
I'll set up SSL for sandbox later today...
Fixed. Added SSL cert to sandbox.redfox.bz and redirect for port 80 > 443.
you may need to go in to the sticky and change http to https
URL in sticky should automatically redirect from http to https
It doesn't for me using Chrome. I can however right click on the link and select "Save link as" and that works.
Well it works in Edge. Maybe I need to clear my cache.
The browser will automately driect to HTTPS because it will receive HTTP 301 Moved Permanently
Clearing cache did not fix it.
Chrome behaves sometimes a little bitchy
URL in sticky changed to https
I agree about the "bitchy" part. Unfortunately it still doesnt work in Chrome. I do see that the link you see has been changed but look at this screen shot. I still see a http in the code.
Even forum post can be bitchy. It showed URL as https, but "behind the scene" was still http
Separate names with a comma.