(Solved) 4k Blu-Ray Status Window

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by al7amimi, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

It's next to the drive model in the AnyDVD status window.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

2. TiborSzondi

TiborSzondi Member

Ahh, thanks. I have E104, so I guess I do not have a high enough firmware to read UHD, but I don't want to go too high. Guess I need to keep looking for the A201 firmware.

3. Ch3vr0n

4. TiborSzondi

TiborSzondi Member

He didn't have it.

5. carrpet

carrpet New Member

Hi TeddyRaspin which firmware version renders this drive as UHD friendly please. I have seen that flashing with BU30N firmware would work in theory but I have yet to see a dump. All of the BU40N firmware versions appear to leave the drive a "real UHD" drive. So can you point me in the right direction please

6. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

You can read this thread: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/dumping-downgrading-firmware-on-uhd-friendly-devices.74479/
    And here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/converting-uhd-friendly-drive-into-uhd-real-and-viceversa.74544/

7. carrpet

carrpet New Member

Thanks for your help. I have been following both of these threads and have downgraded >50 LG/Asus drives thanks to the excellent guides by TeddyRaspin. I may have missed something but neither of these threads provides the answer to my question about the BU40N which I would like to convert to UHD friendly. In one of these threads Teddy refers to taking a deeper dive into this specific drive. If you can help me that would be much appreciated. I have already downgraded the firmware from 1.02 to 1.00 and it still behaves as a real UHD drive. Is there an alternative firmware (eg the BU30N firmware which I have never seen as a dump) which would render the drive UHD friendly ?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  8. Ch3vr0n

You can't downgrade the bu40n, period. That's an official uhd drive with matching aacs host certificate. That drive won't work with anydvd, downgraded or not

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

9. carrpet

carrpet New Member

@ Chevron, thanks for the clarity. I suspected that was the case. That narrows down the options !

10. Salem874

Salem874 Member

Any news on this? I too have a BU40N

11. Ch3vr0n said "You can't downgrade the bu40n, period. That's an official uhd drive with matching aacs host certificate. That drive won't work with anydvd, downgraded or not"