(SOLVED)[1.0.8.2] Wait what? 1.0.8.2 is too old

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by SystemIdleProcess, Jan 19, 2021.

1. mikeas

mikeas Active Member

Ya, I kinda like the old world where you could choose to upgrade on your schedule, when something you needed was broken, now you get new bugs forced upon you (and yes I know since I am a self employed contract software programmer) even if you had no issues. I have already declined to renew one software package I use since they force updates, not a good sign for this package if it's headed the same way. More often than not yes you fix 2-3 things, but introduce a few new things with bugs etc.

2. Octavean

Octavean Well-Known Member

The thing is, 1.0.7.0 was working fine for me.

Its almost as if older versions are no longer usable because of some kind of version challenge from a server.

All invalid and unusable.

IMO, there shouldn't be a version check. If someone wants to use an older version let them.

3. lajoes

lajoes Well-Known Member

Add me to this growing list too. I too was forced to upgrade from 1.0.7.0 to 1.0.8.2 today and now I'm dead in the water.

4. kuhnglobal1

kuhnglobal1 Active Member

It appears RedFox Developement Team Member "Prospere" is looking at the issue currently. I am sure this shall be corrected very soon. Thank you to the RedFox Team.

5. Ivan

Ivan Admin Staff Member

Sorry, server had wrong minimum version number and this has been fixed already - new release is also coming up in a few minutes :bowdown:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  6. kuhnglobal1

kuhnglobal1 Active Member

Thank you Ivan... you are all amazing and we are grateful of RedFox

7. PeterS

PeterS Member

Ivan for president :thankyou:

97037083 likes this.
  8. mikeas

mikeas Active Member

SUPER THANKS!

9. Richard Sava

Richard Sava Well-Known Member

Many thanks for giving us the ability to use 1.0.7.0 back...

10. SystemIdleProcess

SystemIdleProcess Active Member

Confirmed resolved in 1.0.8.2.

11. donaf

donaf Well-Known Member

I uninstalled it, installed this again and then rebooted before opening the app. I found if I installed it and then opened the app and rebooted, I still experienced the "Version 1.0.8.2 is old" message. The only way I got around it was to completely uninstall it, reinstall and then reboot. After that I was able to open the app without being greeted by this bogus message.

12. lajoes

lajoes Well-Known Member

This is what I really like about this organization. The customer service and commitment to it.

To all of you behind the scenes, "Thank you".