• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Solution] Red 2, AnyDVD, Handbrake, and reported CSS issues

Thank you! Worked like a charm!

The RED 2 issue with Handbrake is actually a problem with LibDVDNav. In Handbrake go to Tools > Options > Advanced > under DVD Reading check the "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)" checkbox. Problem solved. Remember to switch it back when you're done.

The RED 2 issue with Handbrake is actually a problem with LibDVDNav. In Handbrake go to Tools > Options > Advanced > under DVD Reading check the "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)" checkbox. Problem solved. Remember to switch it back when you're done.

Thank you, this fixed it!

DrinkLyeAndDie

You are my Hero. Thanks for figuring that out!!!

Fixed as noted for Red 2 - note Ender's Game US rental DVD needed the same "fix"

Sorry for the late update, but I did just get back around to trying this on my source. As my title says, you nailed the solution. About the same time, I had a similar looking issue with "Ender's Game" DVD, and the same adjustment to the Handbrake settings made it work like a charm too. You're a champ - thanks!!

Hunger Games - Catching Fire

Sorry for the late update, but I did just get back around to trying this on my source. As my title says, you nailed the solution. About the same time, I had a similar looking issue with "Ender's Game" DVD, and the same adjustment to the Handbrake settings made it work like a charm too. You're a champ - thanks!!

This was recommended for me on the Hunger Games Catching Fire DVD but it didn't work, any other thoughts?
I am an idiot I changed it under Advanced Options not under DVD Reading, looks like it is working, THANKS!

Last edited:
+1 For Hunger Games Catching Fire having this problem and being solved by disabling LibDVDNav

Attaching log from the disk (which is a rental)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.6.0_Info_G_The Hunger Games Catching Fire.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There's no need for a log file, that disc is handled by anydvd just fine, it's handbrake that has a problem with the disc structure, not anydvd.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Sure thing, just thought I'd post it on the odd chance that it turns out to be LibDVDNav exposing an issue with AnyDVD.

Cheers!

Worked great! Thank You!

Thanks. This tip helped me solve a scanning issue with Monty Python's Holy Grail DVD. Given that LibDVDNav seems a bit buggy, why do you say to switch it back afterwards ?

Is libdvdread also known to have some problems ?

Thanks. This tip helped me solve a scanning issue with Monty Python's Holy Grail DVD. Given that LibDVDNav seems a bit buggy, why do you say to switch it back afterwards ?

Is libdvdread also known to have some problems ?

I don't use Handbrake and have very little experience with libdvdread or libdvdnav. The reason I say to switch it back is because libdvdnav is the default setting or at least it was at the time I did my testing.

OK, thanks. I only use Handbrake occasionally myself.

LibDVDNav is still the default with the latest 0.9.9 and the new 0.10.0 beta 1.

Back