• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Solo - A Star Wars Story - Subtitles

Tanquen

How do you get it to show what should be the fixed Subtitles? Like when he speaks to Chewbacca.

Yeah, You would think after all this time that CloneBD would have a right click to "Force" any subtitle you choose to keep. Also it would be really nice to have the ability to burn in (hardcode) which ever subtitle you want as long as you have to re-encode it anyhow. I would GLADLY buy CloneBD for the 100.00 bucks if and when this ability is made to work. Until then I will just continue to use other "Free" programs like BD_Rebuilder or mkvmerge GUI to force the subs that CloneBD keeps but can't seem to "Force". Seems CloneBD is spending all their time working on UHD stuff now.

PS: You know maybe I was too quick to complain about CloneBD cause for the fun of it I tried it today and the first time it didn't trigger the 9th sub as forced using PowerDVD or VLC when the mkv was played, but when I did a second re-encoded smaller one it was "Forced" like it should have been. Maybe it was just cause I made a keep original Audio-Video MKV the first time. Still want a burn in option though.

Last edited:
Sounds like you two are talking about entirely different things.

As for this:
Also it would be really nice to have the ability to burn in (hardcode) which ever subtitle you want as long as you have to re-encode it anyhow.
Not sure, I really understand, what you're looking for.
You can already - and could always - burn in / hardcode any subtitle. When creating MP4 files that is the only way at all to add subtitles and for MKVs you can choose the "permanent subtitles" option.

force the subs that CloneBD keeps but can't seem to "Force".
You lost me there entirely.

How do you get it to show what should be the fixed Subtitles? Like when he speaks to Chewbacca.
It simply can't know that. Those subtitles aren't labelled "this is a fixed subtitle".
You have to find out yourself by using the preview player in CloneBD.

It simply can't know that. Those subtitles aren't labelled "this is a fixed subtitle".
You have to find out yourself by using the preview player in CloneBD.

But a set top DVD player knows, right?

But a set top DVD player knows, right?
No. It doesn't have the slightest idea, what a fixed subtitle is.
The code from the disc (HDMV/BD-Java) executes and tells the player when to do what. A "fixed subtitle" is a user-term, from your point of view, it's a "fixed subtitle".
From the player's point of view, it's just any subtitle. It has no idea, whether the program logic in some way "forced" it or whether the user clicked some button to activate it.

There's a different thing called "forced subtitle", which is the proper way of doing it - those are within a normal subtitle stream, some select subtitles flagged to be shown whether the subtitle stream is selected for display or not.
But in order to find these, you'd need to crawl through the entire video stream.

Yea, I don’t know about any of that. Just that I’ve see DVD players show subs for small parts of conversations that are not in English and that are important to the story. Maybe they were burned in but I didn’t think so. So I thought there was some kind of flag telling the payer to show them when it normally would not show any. Oh well.

Yea, I don’t know about any of that. Just that I’ve see DVD players show subs for small parts of conversations that are not in English and that are important to the story. Maybe they were burned in but I didn’t think so. So I thought there was some kind of flag telling the payer to show them when it normally would not show any. Oh well.
Sometimes there is a separate easily recognized stream but other times they choose to do it in some more obscure way.
Believe it or not the film companies aren't in the business of making disks that are easy to copy.

Back