• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Software Products - Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTools

As a proud owner of CloneDVD, CloneCD, and AnyDVD-HD I have a general question.

So, I am purchasing the new AnyDVD-HD, and wanted to ask the community if it is required (necessary) to repurchase the CloneDVD and CloneCD as I have bought this in the past and they always update fine. With the new management, will it be required to rebuy these too?

These other software products, will they continue to function (properly), or will I need to purchase them again. (They should be lifetime)

Thank you kindly.

AnyDVD HD is a must have. CloneDVD is an elby program and is not affected. If you meant CloneDVDMobile, that is a RedFox product and is likely to be overhauled in the future requiring a Redfox license. CloneCD is not likely to need a new license. However, you could show your support for the new project, take advantage of the bundling/discounts and purchase new licenses.

Jeff,

Thanks for the fast response.

No sense to bundle ANY product as I already have the Elbay products which are NOT impacted. (CloneDVD & CloneCD)

I would be interested in the CloneBD, but still too many bugs.

As a proud owner of CloneDVD, CloneCD, and AnyDVD-HD I have a general question.
So, I am purchasing the new AnyDVD-HD, and wanted to ask the community if it is required (necessary) to repurchase the CloneDVD and CloneCD as I have bought this in the past and they always update fine. With the new management, will it be required to rebuy these too?
These other software products, will they continue to function (properly), or will I need to purchase them again. (They should be lifetime)
Thank you kindly.
Repurchasing a new RedFox license for CloneCD and CloneDVDmobile will go along way to show support and also should the engine under those two program change a RedFox license will be need to use them as well. That does happen when software gets overhauled and gets new codes.
AnyDVD HD is a must have. CloneDVD is an elby program and is not affected. If you meant CloneDVDMobile, that is a RedFox product and is likely to be overhauled in the future requiring a Redfox license. CloneCD is not likely to need a new license. However, you could show your support for the new project, take advantage of the bundling/discounts and purchase new licenses.
That is what I think will happen both those CloneCD/CloneDVDmobile will get a overhaul to improve the software and that will require a new license-things get old and replaced that is the nature of software. But a RedFox license will show your support for continued developments and improvements to the software so others can join in.

Why show support?

Only buy if needed, as already purchased and not need duplicate software where anyDVD-HD is (actually) required.

ask the community if it is required (necessary) to repurchase the CloneDVD and CloneCD
Simply, no. You don't need to purchase new licenses.
For RedFox AnyDVD HD you need to purchase a RedFox license key, SlySoft licenses are not supported.

Important information for SlySoft license owners!
SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.5. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Tuesday, May 31, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally.
Source: https://www.redfox.bz/download.html

Why show support?
Only buy if needed, as already purchased and not need duplicate software where anyDVD-HD is (actually) required.
Really they why use it then? Put this way I think they will upgrade the CloneCD and CloneDVDmobile engine and when they do so it most likely will require a RedFox license to use it if you want keep using it with the updates. But then again that is your prerogative to do so or not. Others will buy to support Future RedFox developments for CloneCD, ClondDVDmobile. You can keep using the old dead Slysoft license but then again you will get no future RedFox updates.

Really they why use it then? Put this way I think they will upgrade the CloneCD and CloneDVDmobile engine and when they do so it most likely will require a RedFox license.

Read much here?
Elsewise - What informs what "you think".
It might be wise to bundle a CloneDVDmobile license - as a major upgrade is in the pipeline.
Clone CD - nothing ever mentioned.

-W

Read much here?
Elsewise - What informs what "you think".
It might be wise to bundle a CloneDVDmobile license - as a major upgrade is in the pipeline.

-W
Then my friend you don't see on the order page for. A new license from RedFox for both CloneCD/CloneDVDmobile now why would they do that to buy a new license. Unless changes were and will come down the pipe.

Last edited:
Clams is right tbh. It's very logical to assume that the next major update for CloneDVD mobile (the updated engine) will trigger the need for an updated license. Though no official statement has been made on that. I'll see if i can't get that formilized.

Why show support?

You are correct. No one has asked anyone to repurchase anything but AnyDVDHD. Showing support and buying a program that you already have is not necessary. You can show your support by just letting us know that you are happy with the products. Thank you.

I'm extremely HAPPY with the products so happy in fact I went ahead and bought another set of CCD &CDVDM keys along with the required purchase of a new AnyDVDHD key. Was kinda hard not to since there's the global 20% off and a bundle discount. So if I ever do need them bam I got them. Or if I EVER get a second pc. Besides that I had the extra $ right now that I may not have again later. I'm also sure that RedFox appreciates the purchase as well.

(y):D:)

You are correct. No one has asked anyone to repurchase anything but AnyDVDHD. Showing support and buying a program that you already have is not necessary. You can show your support by just letting us know that you are happy with the products. Thank you.
Well, I am more than simply happy with all the SlySoft/RedFox products I have purchased licenses for over the years, including CloneCD and CloneDVD Mobile. Which are two programs I rarely use.

May I please show my extra-added support by possibly purchasing new RedFox licenses for CCD and CDVDM? When I can scrape together the funds? ;)

Which is why I might make a bundled license purchase of CloneCD and CloneDVD Mobile, a bit more than just CDVDM by itself but IMO still a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
Well, I am more than simply happy with all the SlySoft/RedFox products I have purchased licenses for over the years, including CloneCD and CloneDVD Mobile. Which are two programs I rarely use.

May I please show my extra-added support by possibly purchasing new RedFox licenses for CCD and CDVDM? When I can scrape together the funds? ;)
You certainly can, and we appreciate your loyalty and commitment , I just didn't want people to think that it was expected. Thankyou

You certainly can, and we appreciate your loyalty and commitment , I just didn't want people to think that it was expected. Thankyou
I know purchasing new RedFox licenses for CloneCD and CloneDVD Mobile are NOT required nor expected. Making the purchases would be my way of saying thanks for continuing the products, and to show I believe in RedFox's future.

Simply put, in part a license purchase is my way of telling the very vocal few naysayers, "up YOURS!" ;)

I can only speak for myself but I bought mine in lieu of a donation button and to help the project move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back