• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Software does NOT open .ISO files

forced2register

I downloaded windows AIK and it gives it to me as an .ISO upon mounting it all it gives me is folder contents. If I wanted to see folder contents I would have downloaded 7Zip. I am looking for a mounting tool that can run .ISOs, can anyone recommend me a tool that actually WORKS?

Not sure what you expect, when you mount an ISO it's the same as having a CD/DVD in the drive so it will give you a virtual drive full of folders and files. If it doesn't autorun then it either means the disc isn't set to autorun or you have autorun turned off in Windows.

Last edited:
VCD and Imgburn are the minimum tools you need to deal with iso images. It works for everyone else anyway. And per Adbear, check "Autorun" or start manually by navigating to the location of the "setup.exe" file and double clicking it. Since this is a windows download, that usually works.

Last edited:
I actually downloaded the ISO from Microsoft and it works fine using VCD as long as Autorun is turned on and there's no Antivirus blocking it, otherwise as Roycal says just run the setup file from the mounted disc. I have to say if you're not understanding how this works you may have issues when trying to use the software you downloaded as this is very basic stuff compared to using the MS Windows AIK

In all fairness to the OP, VCD is offered as a download however there are no instructions listed, at least none that I've ever seen. Let's face it, it is not unreasonable for questions to be asked with regard to VCD. You shouldn’t make it sound like the OP is totally clueless!

(Shoot, I had to ask about this about a million years ago when I first dl'd VCD!!)

Thanks!

Jim

what instructions? How hard is it. Install > double click iso to mount > done

the installer associates itself in windows by default to .iso files and a few others. If it doesnt work immediately then thats because something else took over the file association to .iso. That's not's VCD's problem

Back