• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SO who really owns the software?

Terry CArter

While I don't mind supporting a new startup(which is what redfox is) I do have to ask the question. Do they have the right to sell the product under their own label?

I know a lot of people are saying 'Well they were owed back pay and such' but I'm sorry there isn't a court int he world that will let that pass.

I just do not want to pay out more money just to find out in a few months that the developers have been sued out of business because they in a sense stole the source code and ran with it....which I'd expect from some companies in China but not many other places.

So is it possible to get some type of post from the owner of RedFox showing some type of proof of ownership?

I'm sorry too. But "there isn't a court in the world" that anything like Slysoft could ever get a venue or hearing in.
That said - there is no Slysoft to begin with. What? No plaintiff? LOL
The correct venue would be Antigua. You think Bettini has a prayer within 500 miles of Antigua?
Redfox needs to prove nothing..... period. And there's no where to prove it anyway.
Conclusion:
If a bear sheets in the woods - and no one is there to smell it - does it stink?
-W
Edit: It's now been clarified "from above" that G.B. indeed signed over the rights to use the name AnyDVD in lieu of back pay issues. So that settles that.

Last edited:
I'm more curious as to what happened to/with the original owner.

Did he run away and hide, leaving all the servers still intact?

If he does owe the employees back-pay...I'd say they deserve now being the new owners of the code. ;)

If he's still here, and is one of the moderators, (super, or regular) ... Then I say welcome back, as your new self on this site.

While I don't mind supporting a new startup(which is what redfox is) I do have to ask the question. Do they have the right to sell the product under their own label?
And whom rights are you invoking here? Sounds more like a entitlement opinion then any real understanding of what going on here.

I know a lot of people are saying 'Well they were owed back pay and such' but I'm sorry there isn't a court int he world that will let that pass.
Whom is "a lot of people saying"??? I love how people like to use words like this but will not identify whom they are talking about......What courts are you talking about "Kangaroo Courts"????

I just do not want to pay out more money just to find out in a few months that the developers have been sued out of business because they in a sense stole the source code and ran with it....which I'd expect from some companies in China but not many other places.
Whom said you had to buy? You old license will work you get no update or access to the OPD database. Whether they go or come that is up to them and that is how business fall if you don't want it don't buy it.

So is it possible to get some type of post from the owner of RedFox showing some type of proof of ownership?
Whom gave you legal authority to ask such questions? Last I seen your not RedFox.

I'm more curious as to what happened to/with the original owner.
Go and get a lawyer and go after Slysoft to find out what happened-RedFox has nothing to do with them anymore.

Did he run away and hide, leaving all the servers still intact?
Again under whom authority are you working for?

If he does owe the employees back-pay...I'd say they deserve now being the new owners of the code. ;)
This has been beaten to death already. Read the response failure to read shows lack of awareness of what going around you-not our fault you don't read what's been going on.

If he's still here, and is one of the moderators, (super, or regular) ... Then I say welcome back, as your new self on this site.
Are you the Webmaster now? Why should they disclose whom is whom to you? Are you the ACCS-LA team member here?

Yo Recycle...you need to take a 'chill-pill' and lay down for awhile.

Just so much nasty stuff .. coming out your cake-hole ..recently.

In reference to your continued nasty outbursts of my post here...
I'm not asking for RedFox secrets... I was just curious to the old boss, that's all.

And in case you didn't realize, from my text in my post...
...I'm all for the new team OWNING the original code.

And even if the old boss is still 'in the background'... Good for him for surviving all this.

Yo Recycle...you need to take a 'chill-pill' and lay down for awhile.

Just so much nasty stuff .. coming out your cake-hole ..recently.

In reference to your continued nasty outbursts of my post here...
I'm not asking for RedFox secrets... I was just curious to the old boss, that's all.

And in case you didn't realize, from my text in my post...
...I'm all for the new team OWNING the original code.

And even if the old boss is still 'in the background'... Good for him for surviving all this.
So do yourself a favor and actually read what's been going on. These are the type of poster whom seem to not want to read instead post nonsensical posting and never read what is going on. The old boss is not with RedFox do you not read there was already a response to that.

So do yourself a favor and actually read what's been going on. These are the type of poster whom seem to not want to read instead post nonsensical posting and never read what is going on. The old boss is not with RedFox do you not read there was already a response to that.

You're really funny...saying others don't read the posts, but you don't seem to understand the text on the posts you do read. :)

I know the old boss is not here any longer...I'm just saying I wonder what happened to him, if he ran away and left all the servers and code...then it's now OWNED by the team that worked for him....and THEY deserve to have it if they weren't paid by him for months of work in past months before SlySoft closed down.

So chill out, and calm down...I can see the veins in your neck bulging.:p:rolleyes:

You're really funny...saying others don't read the posts, but you don't seem to understand the text on the posts you do read. :)

I know the old boss is not here any longer... I'm just saying I wonder what happened to him, if he ran away and left all the servers and code...then it's now OWNED by the team that worked for him....and THEY deserve to have it if they weren't paid by him for months of work in past months before SlySoft closed down.

Hmmmm

QUOTE: "If he's still here, and is one of the moderators, (super, or regular) ... Then I say welcome back, as your new self on this site."

Quote: "And even if the old boss is still 'in the background'... Good for him for surviving all this."

At face value - you seem to be speaking out of two sides of your mouth. Google him and do research if you're not at ease.

-W

Hmmmm

QUOTE: "If he's still here, and is one of the moderators, (super, or regular) ... Then I say welcome back, as your new self on this site."

Quote: "And even if the old boss is still 'in the background'... Good for him for surviving all this."

At face value - you seem to be speaking out of two sides of your mouth. Google him and do research if you're not at ease.

-W
I explained this in earlier posts on other threads...
I'm acting as the devils advocate when speaking like that. I'm sure many people are thinking that anyway, and may be holding back their purchase because it's not been fully answered in their minds.

But I am also saying if they're scared about revealing he's still here, I respect him still being around, IF he is. :)
And I also said 'welcome back' to him too. ;) if he's here.

I really couldn't care, one way or the other.
I'm sure everyone in the background has learned a great lesson on how to protect themselves from all this, and most likely the company too.

I explained this in earlier posts on other threads...
I'm acting as the devils advocate when speaking like that.

I don't think it's helping. Raising more FUD does not add much.
No one (that I know of) has ever raised a question that he's "not gone".
Who asked you to be appoint yourself as "devil's advocate" and chief mind reader of others?
Just speak your mind and say what you feel. No one ever begrudged you that.
The devil has plenty of advocates spreading FUD this week. :D
-W

Who asked you to be appoint yourself as "devil's advocate" and chief mind reader of others?
-W
Dude...it's not FUD if other posts by other people, are mentioning it, even on other sites not just this one.

People talk, no matter what is said by the company on threads in their forum, about it.

I'm not putting ideas in people's heads, but I do want to help them understand things.
And with any new company made from remnants of the old...these questions will come up, and need to be addressed by the new 'owners'.

-W

I think he did and he was insulted by Recycle. I have noticed Recycle is sometimes rude to people here. I hope he can get some Valium to relax a bit. ;)

Not sure whats so hard to understand, the old Slysoft owner has nothing to do with RedFox.
Most likely RedFox staff still don't know what happened to him or Slysoft, as mentioned in the official posts, they didn't even know each other before this.

We also don't even know for sure who owned the code before, maybe one of the developers had a deal that Slysoft could use his AnyDVD code, now that developer has the same deal with RedFox.
It's all just speculation, we didn't know anything then and we won't know anything now. That's just how it goes with this type of software/company.

Hmmmmm, debating/discussing the legal ownership of a software product that is deemed illegal in much of the world. Either to use or merely have installed on one's computer.

The smell of irony is quite strong.

How many Angels can dance on the head of a pin? That is a more important question! ;)

I think he did and he was insulted by Recycle. I have noticed Recycle is sometimes rude to people here. I hope he can get some Valium to relax a bit. ;)
When people refuse to read the news and or read what RedFox says but wants to make their own misinformed news then they get response to inform them to read before posting. When those refuse to listen to facts they like to say they are insulted by Facts.

Hmmmmm, debating/discussing the legal ownership of a software product that is deemed illegal in much of the world. Either to use or merely have installed on one's computer.

The smell of irony is quite strong.
:ROFLMAO::LOL:(y):D:p:rolleyes:
The smell of brain matter burning is there too..!

How many Angels can dance on the head of a pin? That is a more important question! ;)
Any amount they want, because the Angels will fit anywhere they need to.:cool::D
(What do I win for best answer?)

When people refuse to read the news and or read what RedFox says but wants to make their own misinformed news then they get response to inform them to read before posting. When those refuse to listen to facts they like to say they are insulted by Facts.

What most of you don't understand is, that discussing this will finally allow it to be put to bed.
People will see RedFox isn't scared about discussing this, and will finally start to trust them again.

RedFox 1 realized this when he announced he's not going to shutdown threads anymore that asked the same questions.

It was only making the 'new company' look bad doing that.

And yes...you were insulting, but I forgive you...after all you may need to be recycled, and are past your compost time.:p:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Back