• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Smart Sampling Rate Conversion (SRC)

chano22000

Dear Reclock Team,

As more and more Reclock fans, I currently use your software as a WASAPI exlusive audio renderer in order to bypass the Windows mixer for LPCM audio over HDMI (this does not reclock anything !)

There is currently no other option regarding the sampling rate of PCM output but to select "same as input" or force a fixed rate.

In WASAPI mode, the "same as input" sampling rate is not really useful : in case of the rate of the audio track is not supported by the driver and the AVR, an error will occur and no sound is rendered. On the other hand, forcing a rate (the best one supported by the AVR and found in audio tracks = 192 kHz) means uncessary overhead / conversion on standard rates as 41.1 or 48 kHz and sound degradation.

Could it be therefore possible for reclock to handle SRC only when the input rate is not supported by the AVR and in case it is not, to convert to the most appropriate supported sampling rate.

As a example, a similar qualitative approach is used by LAV audio regarding the audio format (bit depth) where LAV is made aware of the AVR audio capabilities.

Thank you very much for Reclock and hopefully your feedback.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
I switched to JRiver rather than using ReClock now, because it is still under active development, and has support for things like this with its Video Clock feature. (ReClock equivalent)

Though it could be argued that you are best to output the maximum sample rate your hardware supports at all times when using something like ReClock.

Solved : Smart Wasapi Renderer

I have found a solution.
For just getting smart Wasapi support, I now have switched to the MpcAudioRenderer modded in MPC-BE (the original one as provides by MPC-HC does not work).
Just download the MPC-BE standalone filter, extract and register the renderer from http://dev.mpc-next.ru/index.php/board,29.0.html
Kind regards.

Back