• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft homepage pops up after update ...

castro

Since downloading the latest version of anydvd, my computer fires up into the slysoft homepage.
Can anybody point me in the right direction to stop this happening please.

Since downloading the latest version of anydvd, my computer fires up into the slysoft homepage.

"fires up" how, exactly?

What's happening to you has absolutely nothing to do with Slysoft software. No one who downloads software directly from Slysoft's website is experiencing this.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to stop this happening please.

Simply installing Anydvd won't force you to the Slysoft homepage, unless you have a trojan, virus, or some sort of hijacker program on your system.

Mine opens Slysoft too.

6.4.0.4 Opens to Slysoft page on closing or reducing window. Going to install 6.4.1.2 now on reboot...not a bother but an oddity?

6.4.0.4 Opens to Slysoft page on closing or reducing window.

No. It doesn't. No version will. Simply running Anydvd won't force you to the Slysoft homepage, unless you have a trojan, virus, or some sort of hijacker program on your system.

AnyDVD has never opened my browser and gone to the Slysoft website. This is not a behavior of the legitimate AnyDVD installer or the software. If this is happening then the source of it is elsewhere. I've been a registered user of AnyDVD since 2003.

YES, it does!

"No one who downloads software directly from Slysoft's website is experiencing this."
I purchased Any DVD from Slysoft site in August, 2005. It never happened before, and hasn't since I updated to 6.4.1.2. Go figure!

Go figure!
have you scanned your pc for viruses,spyware,adware,malware,root kits and any other nasties?
have you got a firewall installed?

where did you download anydvd 6412 from?

I purchased Any DVD from Slysoft site in August, 2005. It never happened before, and hasn't since I updated to 6.4.1.2. Go figure!

No version will. Again, simply running Anydvd won't force you to the Slysoft homepage, unless you have a trojan, virus, or some sort of hijacker program on your system.

Mike, I purchased Any DVD by phone and credit card from Slysoft site... .txt file of invoice included with personal info X'd out.
I run the GOOD old Sygate firewall, before SYMANTEC/NORTON the Virus bought them out. I am behind a router. I run AVG 24/7, updated at LEAST daily. SpyBot is run weekly to search for Trojan traces most AV cannot see. Hijackthis is run daily as is the rootkit detector from Grisoft. I run current MS Virus scanner about once a week. I use McAfee Site Advisor to screen sites and do NOT go to iffy sites! My email is set to copy all outgoing so I can see if any spam is delivered out by assorted naaasties! I NEVER get a virus, trojan or other. XP is updated religiously for Critical updates.
I am not a newby and have been working some time with various files and formats. I REALLY like the Any DVD product and think it's the best thing since liquid spit! But there are some weird issues at times, especially backing up newer discs. Sometimes I have to cut Any DVD OFF to get a disc recognized, then reopen to process the disc. Or leave my burner drive tray OPEN while reading in DVD ROM drive. Or hold CONTROL key down while inserting disc when no auto run is visible in Explore in My PC. Sounds odd, eh? YES! But I believe there are functions not apparent that newer discs entail. Some of the hoops I have to jump through are just plain silly and have no basis on info I can see in Any DVD logs or other processes.
THANKS to Any DVD, it's forums, moderators, development team and all associated! I come to support almost daily to see what OTHERS are doing and experiencing. Sometimes STUFF happens!
Have a Reasonable Day...anything else is extra! ;- ) J.R.

Attachments

• ANYDVDinvoice.txt
    730 bytes · Views: 8
have you tried uninstalling anydvd/running ccleaner or advancedwindowscare/rebooting/reinstalling anydvd ( http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe ) to see if that cures whatever is causing the problem?
it sounds like a bit of a mider,but you never know until you try.

No problem since I updated the version of Any DVD. Different strokes for different versions and platforms is all I can conclude.
I ONLY get my updates via the Slysoft site and reboot after every install to ensure a good config. Was not a problem to me per se, just...interesting! I browse the Support threads OFTEN!
Keep up the excellent work!

SYMANTEC/NORTON the Virus bought them out.

:confused:
What does that mean?

I run AVG 24/7

It really doesn't matter if you are running an antivirus program (nor does it matter if you're behind a router).

Installing Anydvd nor running Anydvd forces a browsers to the Slysoft website. It's just impossible without some other intervention.

We're not saying you didn't buy Anydvd. We're saying Anydvd has nothing to do with browser behaviour (unless there's an update, and then Anydvd asks you if you want to go to the Slysoft website to update).

Last edited:
JRude said:
I run the GOOD old Sygate firewall, before SYMANTEC/NORTON the Virus bought them out.

:confused:
What does that mean?

Sygate was acquired by Symantec and they killed off firewall product among other things. I was a huge fan on the product. Symantec destroys anything they purchase if they don't simply annihilate it.

Back