• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft Firmware Magician?

hajj_3

I was wondering if slysoft would consider creating a paid software application similar to binflash and flasher

The problem with both of these is that they don't support HP's firmware encryption of their optical drives. This means that we can't back up the firmware of the drive and more importantly can't install new updates directly from the manufacturer.

For example, i have the Sony Optiarc BC-5500S with hp 1.83 firmware, this supports 2x bluray reading. Sony's latest official firmware is v1.06 and has many fixes in it and supports 4x reading.

I'm sure quite a few of your customers would happily pay for a binflash/flasher type application that could break the encryption of drives such as HP's. I'd love to have 4x ripping, it would literally halve the time of ripping a bluray to my laptop.

Please consider creating such an application, flasher's sourcecode is open source so quite a bit of the hard work is already done for you.

Last edited:
I was wondering if slysoft would consider creating a paid software application similar to binflash and flasher

The problem with both of these is that they don't support HP's firmware encryption of their optical drives. This means that we can't back up the firmware of the drive and more importantly can't install new updates directly from the manufacturer.

For example, i have the Sony Optiarc BC-5500S with hp 1.83 firmware, this supports 2x bluray reading. Sony's latest official firmware is v1.06 and has many fixes in it and supports 4x reading.

I'm sure quite a few of your customers would happily pay for a binflash/flasher type application that could break the encryption of drives such as HP's. I'd love to have 4x ripping, it would literally halve the time of ripping a bluray to my laptop.

Please consider creating such an application, flasher's sourcecode is open source so quite a bit of the hard work is already done for you.

hey there!

I'm having the exact same drive but with Asus Firmware.

Is there a way that these tools work with Asus Firmware?

When looking here:
http://www.firmwarehq.com/Optiarc/BC-5500S/files.html

isn't the 1.78 the newest firmware available for this drive?

My drive displays that in AnyDVD:
OPTIARC BD ROM BC-5500S 1.C0 MAR05,2008

What does your drive display?

Thanks!

Edit:
Some time ago I tried to update to 1.E1 as that might be the Asus related firmware, but it didn't work. Actually it never worked for anyone. the 1.D* firmware seems to not exist.

my drive says:

Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S 1.83 (SATA) in imgburn.

dec 13th 2007 was when the firmware was flashed or released according to dvd decrypter.

Checked the Asus firmware, same problem, can't bypass that protection :( We need slysoft to work their magic and make the ultimate firmware ripper/writer application!

Last edited:
A better solution is out there already get a different burner that supports firmware update. Slysoft isn't in the business of firmware they are in the business of supporting their software. You the owner must make the choice of hardware to get and use. As anything you get what you pay for.

that would involve buying a £45+ bluray reader of which i already have.

Its not just us 2 with the problem of getting firmware updates, its most of the laptop manufacturers who do this encrypting, slysoft could sell quite a number of copies of an application to crack the encryption i'm sure.

Those who use a laptop for DVD work already have a big strike against them.
The ease of affordable drive replacement in a desktop PC makes it just too easy.

-W

Back