• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*SlySoft* Ever thought of developing a simple player??

AnyDVD and amovie player are 2 different things. A movie player with the new and improved reclock would make sense. Right now they don't have the resources to do so but are thinking about it if I understood correctly. Sly has bought the reclock code or program rights as well so we'll just have to wait and hope.

I get the funny feeling that you guys would literally scoop up every single enthusiast who has ever bought the retail version of powerdvd. You could charge $150 a copy and the thing would fly out the door. And I think you could even have anydvdhd be a requirement for it to run.

I don't know, but it sounds like a reasonable business decision to me... :)

Naw it would be wise to have it at PowerDVD's retail price or below I think. JMHO

AnyDVD and amovie player are 2 different things. A movie player with the new and improved reclock would make sense. Right now they don't have the resources to do so but are thinking about it if I understood correctly. Sly has bought the reclock code or program rights as well so we'll just have to wait and hope.

I agree completely, and would love to support slysoft by buying mire media-products from them. A Vista-Compatible Re-Clock would be great. An the player could build on other working Direct-Drawfilter like ffdshow, it would be simply great if it could give us a working User INterface, Zoomplayer I find still to cumbersome for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray...

slysoft should work to make it fit in perfectly with MyMovies :)

Start making it work with this and that next thing you know it will be as bloated as PowerDVD. Just add reclock and make it be able to play BD & HD off the HDD and the BD/HD ROM. Plain and simple if you ask me as we want simplicity.

I would buy it as well as long as I liked it. Just please make it a player and not a do everything with every type of media piece of junk.

Agreed!

I agree completely, and would love to support slysoft by buying mire media-products from them. A Vista-Compatible Re-Clock would be great. An the player could build on other working Direct-Drawfilter like ffdshow, it would be simply great if it could give us a working User INterface, Zoomplayer I find still to cumbersome for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray...

slysoft should work to make it fit in perfectly with MyMovies :)

Start making it work with this and that next thing you know it will be as bloated as PowerDVD. Just add reclock and make it be able to play BD & HD off the HDD and the BD/HD ROM. Plain and simple if you ask me as we want simplicity.

What's this reclock program and what does it do?

Slysoft and Theatertek should cooperate and make the ultimate player. Andrew of TT said that Theatertek HD is too expensive for him (development, licensing), so why not do it in cooperation?

If Slysoft do not want to be bothered with the rules and restrictions imposed by the "BD forum" (or whatever it is called) they need to be located in a state/country they cannot be prosecuted for selling this kind of software.

As somebody already said: creating a mediaplayer is not entirely the same as creating a ripping tool. Maybe the Slysoft people are not as experienced with video/audio decoding and conversion algorithms, video overlaying and graphical interface design and they need some people like that to complement their team with plenty of experience in the field...

I saw somebody mention c++/assembly knowledge here, I would suppose they are basic requirements in what they are looking for - but it takes more than just your average freelancer to accomplish what they are looking for.

Many people are just not good enough.. Writing some simple GUI based company CRM or administrative tool is for example quite another beast compared to what these people are doing...

My guess is they'd be best off finding an experienced bloke from the open source/demo/cracking scene (the latter having experience in reverse engineering and removal of protection), or they steal some good people away at PowerDVD ( maybe some are disgruntled about the restrictions imposed on them by regulatory organisations that hold patents and tell you what you can or cannot do) - haha.

I guess the more adventurous souls should contact slysoft, though I'm not sure they can offer a solid / long term position... Maybe they will pay well though ;)

Last edited:
Back