*SlySoft* Ever thought of developing a simple player??

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by shane4242, Mar 20, 2008.

1. shane4242

shane4242 Member

You know, something to compete with pdvd? A new source of revenue? I would certianly prefer to give you my money than all these companys that end up screwing us by siding with the studios..........

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Yes, we thought about this.

3. shane4242

shane4242 Member

Thats it huh? ;-)

4. James

We're still thinking. ;)

5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

LOL we were just speaking about a Sly Cenima HD last night.

6. shane4242

shane4242 Member

SEE?! You already have a kickass name!:rock:

7. Charlie

LOL the credit goes to another member as he came up with it. can't find that post though.

8. Charlie

9. hlkc

hlkc Well-Known Member

James,

Don't think too long. 1 2nd this idea and I will be in front of the line to pay you. You guys are leaving a lot of $ on the table... You guys have the good reputation and know-how attitude. With a new killer player in your product line, u guys will open up another level of sales and opportunities.

10. James

The problem isn't that we don't like the idea, the problem is, that we're a little tight on resources. BTW, we're hiring... ;)

11. hlkc

hlkc Well-Known Member

I am in the software industry too. But I am on the sales and marketing side not engineering side. Where are you guys? if you guys are in Silicon Valley which I am, I'm certain I can find someone to help.

12. Charlie

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14659

Read on. :D

13. hlkc

hlkc Well-Known Member

Yup, I found that after I summit my last thread. If you guys hire fresh graduated and don't mind remote I know few fresh graduates can help and it will be cheaper than you want to offer :agree:

14. iansilv

iansilv Well-Known Member

Dude- www.getafreelancer.com !

15. gwolfman

gwolfman Well-Known Member

I hope you guys get one going soon! :) I'd pre-order that any day, especially since I see how diligent you are about keeping your software up-to-date. You guys are amazing! If only I had enough skillz to contribute to the slysoft team, I'd totally do that. But I'm just a low level programmer (assembly/c++) and a hardware freak :) Keep up the (for the lack of a better word) amazing work!

16. Nova Phoenix

Nova Phoenix Member

A Slysoft player would be cool. Just don't make it over-bloated like WMP11 or anything with Nero in it's name.

17. DigiMagic

DigiMagic Well-Known Member

Hello,
    My first post here... I would also gladly preorder SlySoft player :)
    If I may suggest, a nice feature would be ability to load external subtitles (just the simplest TXT or SRT formats would be enough) for all kinds of discs, including BR & HD - no player at the moment supports that.

18. damnskippy

damnskippy Well-Known Member

I would buy it as well as long as I liked it. Just please make it a player and not a do everything with every type of media piece of junk.

19. skypx

skypx Well-Known Member

+1 :D :agree:

20. thedatman

thedatman Well-Known Member

I know I would buy one. If I could find one that worked for everything it would be worth $100. That may be a way for anydvd to make a few bucks and I hope you do.