• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft Convert Blu-Ray to HD-DVD Please Read Formula For Next Gen Clone DVD HD DL

weird, i just assumed that clonedvd2 or mobile combined with anydvd-hd could already do this. what kind of output files do you get from a hddvd/bd then - not vobs?
No.

50gb bluray to dvd9 sounds horrible, but 15gb hddvd to dvd9 doesn't seem too bad, note that this would be mpeg2 vobs, not divx.
Who says, that these discs have to be played in a normal DVD player? :)
Remember my preaching "HD DVD is the user friendlier format":
Every HD DVD player (including those for 199,- $ at Walmart) can play high-res content from DVD (red-laser) discs, too.
But enough speculation, I believe you'll be pleased about this product. And it will (IMHO) be a boost for HD DVD acceptance at the end user (he *can* make a copy of his HD DVD movie and lend it to his neighbour who *can* watch it with ... a HD DVD player!)

Our plan is to create a "CloneHD DVD" application, which allows you to copy HD DVDs to DVD9 media.
I don't think my boss can convince me (not even with lots of money) to work on a similar project for Blu-ray. Blu-ray is evil, who bought it shall be doomed. :D

Than your boss or Peer has to do it :D:D. No just kidding I think in one understandable way you are right.:agree:

For those that want to retain quality... I'd suggest a checkbox option to split a HD-DVD (main movie) onto two DVD9's as well.

-W (and I agree!!! No Blu-Ray!!)

Our plan is to create a "CloneHD DVD" application, which allows you to copy HD DVDs to DVD9 media.
I don't think my boss can convince me (not even with lots of money) to work on a similar project for Blu-ray. Blu-ray is evil, who bought it shall be doomed. :D

That's a very interesting technical challenge you face. I'm going to assume we'd have just a movie only backup and no menus or special features. And I also have to assume there'd be no codec "swapping" going on. IOW, if you have an HD DVD encoded in AVC, you'd not be reencoding it to VC1, etc. This is very interesting. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. *VERY* interested. :)

Who says, that these discs have to be played in a normal DVD player? :)
Remember my preaching "HD DVD is the user friendlier format":
Every HD DVD player (including those for 199,- $ at Walmart) can play high-res content from DVD (red-laser) discs, too.
But enough speculation, I believe you'll be pleased about this product. And it will (IMHO) be a boost for HD DVD acceptance at the end user (he *can* make a copy of his HD DVD movie and lend it to his neighbour who *can* watch it with ... a HD DVD player!)

Yes, I think a lot of people forget the idea that an HD DVD structure can be burned to a DVD9 and played back in HD on an HD DVD player. This is a very important point...the reason this SHOULD be done is because you retain HD, although a possible slight loss in quality assuming that removing all the extra content doesn't bring it down to below 9 gigs, and DVD9 media is _cheap_ compared to HD DVD media. You want a way to backup your HD DVD movies CHEAPLY...and this is it. I get the concept and eagerly await what you guys have cooked up.

As for the Blu-ray crap, it could be added later as the codecs are *similar* and if you're doing a movie only, I think it'd be quite sweet to be able to back it up onto a DVD9 to play back in an HD DVD player. But, that's a future wishlist idea.

Yea I agree this programm is very interesting. If it has the usual Slysoft quality I will buy it without any doubts.

Sorry to be a little bit annoying but is there a timeframe to release it?!
:bowdown:

Last edited:
Yes, I think a lot of people forget the idea that an HD DVD structure can be burned to a DVD9 and played back in HD on an HD DVD player. This is a very important point...the reason this SHOULD be done is because you retain HD, although a possible slight loss in quality assuming that removing all the extra content doesn't bring it down to below 9 gigs, and DVD9 media is _cheap_ compared to HD DVD media. You want a way to backup your HD DVD movies CHEAPLY...and this is it. I get the concept and eagerly await what you guys have cooked up.
I've been using this technique for archiving HD programs to standard DVD-R discs for quite some time now. The process is outlined over at the AVSForums in the HD DVD Software section for those that are interested. As for compressing HD content to fit on a DL disc, you'd bet better off getting the standard DVD and creating your backup. You'll have lower loss and the end result will probably be on a par with the compressed HD material. Compressing a full HD disc onto a DL disc is like trying to put 10 pounds of sh*t in a 2-pound sack.

I've seen quite a few of the "HD" programs downloaded from the net and they're not even close to standard def quality. Stripping 5.1 audio for Dolby Surround is totally unacceptable. Frankly, I don't see how anyone enamoured with Hi-Def can find this crap enjoyable to watch. It's like taking a giant step backwards, IMHO. What's the point of having an HDTV if you're going to feed it low-rez material? Just my 2 cents. YMMV.;)

What I would like to see is an app that will allow me to convert BD (.mts) and HD-DVD (.evo) files to transport streams (.ts) or other standard formats so I can split/edit them and reauthor them to multiple DVD-R discs using the aforementioned process. Having multiple discs for a title is a bit of a pain to deal with but since I previously owned laserdiscs I'm used to it. Besides, getting up to swap discs is about all the exercise a couch potato like me can stand.8)

So I don't understand the negativity to blue ray, however wouldn't be reasonable to be able to convert bd to hd-dvd. Why exclude the bd from you movie library just because you don't like the technology rivalry. There are a number of good movies that you can enjoy on hi-def that are only available on blue-ray. I would like to see a bd to hd-dvd converter. That way I only need to by 3 hd-dvd player for my 3 hd-tvs rather than 3 hd-dvd players and 3 blue-ray players to support both formats. If you don't like bd then give me a reason not to buy a bd player.

As for the Blu-ray crap, it could be added later as the codecs are *similar* and if you're doing a movie only, I think it'd be quite sweet to be able to back it up onto a DVD9 to play back in an HD DVD player. But, that's a future wishlist idea.

Movie quote:
"A line must be drawn ... here!"

I will fight any additional BD support in all company meetings I will attend.
I want this format to vanish ASAP, and "the SlyBoys will fix any problem with this format for me in the future..." attitude does not help.
Buying BD discs and copying them to HD DVD formatted DVD9 discs doesn't help either, 'cause Sony, Disney & Fox have received your money and won't care.
They will only wake up, if you finally get sick of them and no longer give them your money.
Yes, a lot of people won't like this, but trust me, politics do hurt sometimes. In the end, Disney & Fox will go where the money is (remember the DivX DRM disaster at the beginning of the DVD age? Now look how many DVDs they sell now :D )
Sony Pictures will be the "last man standing" ... alone in the dark. :D

So I don't understand the negativity to blue ray, however wouldn't be reasonable to be able to convert bd to hd-dvd. Why exclude the bd from you movie library just because you don't like the technology rivalry. There are a number of good movies that you can enjoy on hi-def that are only available on blue-ray. I would like to see a bd to hd-dvd converter. That way I only need to by 3 hd-dvd player for my 3 hd-tvs rather than 3 hd-dvd players and 3 blue-ray players to support both formats. If you don't like bd then give me a reason not to buy a bd player.
Just wait a while, and you'll see these BD movies published on HD DVD. :D
(Wishful thinking, I know)

Movie quote:
"A line must be drawn ... here!"

I will fight any additional BD support in all company meetings I will attend.
I want this format to vanish ASAP, and "the SlyBoys will fix any problem with this format for me in the future..." attitude does not help.
Buying BD discs and copying them to HD DVD formatted DVD9 discs doesn't help either, 'cause Sony, Disney & Fox have received your money and won't care.
They will only wake up, if you finally get sick of them and no longer give them your money.
Yes, a lot of people won't like this, but trust me, politics do hurt sometimes. In the end, Disney & Fox will go where the money is (remember the DivX DRM disaster at the beginning of the DVD age? Now look how many DVDs they sell now :D )
Sony Pictures will be the "last man standing" ... alone in the dark. :D

Fair enough, I suppose. :) I will do my best to help in this fight, but, it is difficult when you have kids that understand the difference between Blu-ray, HD DVD, and regular DVD and "request" most movies in HD regardless of whether it's HD DVD or Blu-ray. Disney is the most difficult. But, I'll see what I can do. :)

Fair enough, I suppose. :) I will do my best to help in this fight, but, it is difficult when you have kids that understand the difference between Blu-ray, HD DVD, and regular DVD and "request" most movies in HD regardless of whether it's HD DVD or Blu-ray. Disney is the most difficult. But, I'll see what I can do. :)

If you're lucky, I'll be overruled in these company meetings. If my CEO says "Make it so!" (another movie quote), I don't have much choice... ;)

If your kids are that smart.. then just explain what's going on with Sony and why you can't / won't support Blu-Ray - and couch it as a lesson in "doing the right thing, isn't always the doing the easiest thing".

Then if they still insist on Blu-Ray... tell them to buy it (and the support) themselves - because *you* won't support it.

The power of the purse baby.... :D

-W

If you're lucky, I'll be overruled in these company meetings. If my CEO says "Make it so!" (another movie quote), I don't have much choice... ;)

I'ts in the long term best interest of Slysoft to see Blu-Ray bite the dust. your CEO will see that.

-W

If your kids are that smart.. then just explain what's going on with Sony and why you can't / won't support Blu-Ray - and couch it as a lesson in "doing the right thing, isn't always the doing the easiest thing".
Yeah, show them "The Matrix" and "Transformers" instead. :D

Then if they still insist on Blu-Ray... tell them to buy it (and the support) themselves - because *you* won't support it.

The power of the purse baby.... :D

-W

Ever try to argue with an overly intelligent 7 year old before? :) I could try, but, um, yea...

Yeah, show them "The Matrix" and "Transformers" instead. :D

He loved Transformers on HD DVD. Plus I plan on getting the Harry Potter collection on HD DVD for Xmas. I can't wait! Now if the damn Pirates of the Carribean movies would get released on HD DVD I'd be all set...

Ever try to argue with an overly intelligent 7 year old before? :) I could try, but, um, yea...

Yes, I have - almost 20 years ago now. :D

You don't argue, you just tell them why you've made the decisions you've made (pastence) and explain to them that they can buy from Sony with thier own money.

Then you just listen to all the whining until it stops. Heh :D

-W

Back