• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get back on topic??? This is "MY" topic about slyce and info. It's not another cinavia discussion, let that be clear. It has been said that Slyce (cloneBD back then) will NOT support cinavia removal on its initial release.

... and it has been said more than once, that it WILL support cinavia removal in a later release.

(just to bring closure to this Cinavia topic)

Something I was wondering about. Will we be able to pre-order Slyce and will pre-orders get a discount? I figure the answer to these will be no/we don't know yet but it doesn't hurt to ask :D

Of course you can ask

We have not decided on any marketing elements for Slyce at this time.
All will come to light in due time. The important thing for now is quieting the skeptics and just being a little patient in this end-phase. 8)

Wow, why am I just reading about this?!

I'm wondering if remuxed output to mkv will be available.

Wow, why am I just reading about this?!

I'm wondering if remuxed output to mkv will be available.

Jeeze you're late to the party. LOL! And of course MKV is happening. I've asked several times. ;)

Just to make sure I understand this one. Instead of using the backup to ISO via AnyDVD, 1:1 backup, the Slyce will be able for us to choose what we want to back up such as the extras and languages we want, right? I assume it will not just apply to DVD but to BD too, right? With such product we will be able to save some HDD space and still maintain what we want, right? Will the final backup format will be encrypted ISO?

No. You have a bunch of things wrong with that. First, Slyce will very likely require AnyDVD to be running and will not work with encrypted media of any kind. I could be wrong, but, I seriously doubt it. It will be similar to how CloneDVD works. On that note, Slyce is for Blu-ray afaik and doesn't work on DVD's. The final output will be a file, or folder, or ISO, or burned disc. This is based on information we've seen so far about its capabilities.

No. You have a bunch of things wrong with that. First, Slyce will very likely require AnyDVD to be running and will not work with encrypted media of any kind. I could be wrong, but, I seriously doubt it. It will be similar to how CloneDVD works. On that note, Slyce is for Blu-ray afaik and doesn't work on DVD's. The final output will be a file, or folder, or ISO, or burned disc. This is based on information we've seen so far about its capabilities.

So instead of the 1:1 encrypted BD ISO as the output today from AnyDVD HD, it will be a light version of decrypted BD ISO, only the features we choose.

So instead of the 1:1 encrypted BD ISO as the output today from AnyDVD HD, it will be a light version of decrypted BD ISO, only the features we choose.

Right there's absolutely no way to remaster the disc and keep the protection. However, it's not necessary to do so when you remaster. The idea of keeping protection when using AnyDVD by itself is that there could be a bug with protection removal. You won't find out until you go to play it right? So, with Slyce, since you're processing the disc, you'll know pretty quickly if there's an issue with protection removal so keeping the protection isn't necessary. Again very similar to the world of CloneDVD today.

Right there's absolutely no way to remaster the disc and keep the protection. However, it's not necessary to do so when you remaster. The idea of keeping protection when using AnyDVD by itself is that there could be a bug with protection removal. You won't find out until you go to play it right? So, with Slyce, since you're processing the disc, you'll know pretty quickly if there's an issue with protection removal so keeping the protection isn't necessary. Again very similar to the world of CloneDVD today.

Got it. Never use CloneDVD before. Hopefully it will have a trial version just like the AnyDVD.

Got it. Never use CloneDVD before. Hopefully it will have a trial version just like the AnyDVD.

That's generally what they provide but we won't know until closer to release. I'm really excited to try it out. Can't wait til it gets here.

fantastic. are making a good job. sure that soon we can enjoy the best software. :bowdown:

As a Canuck, I have to say "great job eh!!" on picking the beaver to be Slyce's mascot :)

I'm a long time Slysoft supporter and happy owner of AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD. What I'm missing and believe Slysoft products don't offer with their current lineup is DVD and BD conversion to mkv. Could it be that Slyce will offer such functionality for BDs and even DVDs?

Don't know for DVD's, although I doubt it, but for BD yes there will be an MKV output option. I'm super psyched about this ability.

Yessssss :) And given that Slyce will do mkv for BD it would sound at least strange if DVD to mkv was not possible through a Slysoft product. If Slyce won;t do it, then I'd bet my money on a future upgrade of CloneDVD...

I love this company. One of the few companies that deliver reliable products that just plain work, with amazing support and above all, when they believe a product is not ready for release they don't rush it to market but they prefer to take their time and do it right. That's why it will be a day one purchase for me. Keep up the good work guys!

Just a small correction there...the functionality would be (theoretically) added to CloneDVD Mobile if they were to add a DVD to MKV option. I don't know if Slyce will have DVD abilities or not. I don't personally think it will but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. :)

Yessssss :) And given that Slyce will do mkv for BD it would sound at least strange if DVD to mkv was not possible through a Slysoft product. If Slyce won;t do it, then I'd bet my money on a future upgrade of CloneDVD...

CloneDVD is still intellectual property of Elaborate Bytes, Slysoft is only a reseller. CloneDVDMobile is Slysoft so it could appear in that product.

Oh well, then it'll be another xx euros going at Slysoft's way. Still totally worth it. However, it kinda makes me wonder how come mkv, being one of the most widely known and used containers had not been tackled by Slysoft until now. And to not get ahead of ourselves, although we received confirmation from SamuriHL on this thrread regarding BDs to mkv, we just guess that at somepoint mkvs will be an option for dvds. If someone from Slysoft would let us know what their plans are, I'd be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back