• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

slyce and standard dvd?

mimaro46

this is kind of a trivial question, but will the upcoming "Slyce" program have anything at all to do with regular dvds, or will it be strictly for blu-ray?

for the moment it will be strictly blu-ray. Think of it as the blu-ray version of CloneDVD2. It may get functionality at some point to remove cinavia (a very nasty audio protection) from dvd's since CloneDVD2 will probably never get such an update from Elaborate Bytes (author's of CloneDVD2). However this is not guaranteed.

removing cinivia from standard dvd's

I was previously advised that what is now known as Slyce will be a solely Blu-ray product but the previous post seems to indicate that that restriction will be eased slightly. My question is how does SlySoft propose to address the removal of Cinavia from non-Blu-ray discs? It appears that the use of Cinavia is being increasingly applied to standard dvds.

Since CloneDVD2 will receive no new updates from Elaborate Bytes (unless some major driverlike issues appear, they have said), Slyce MAY be updated to include cinavia removal from DVD's at some point. However i have NO definitive slysoft message on that. Slyce will not remove cinavia from Blu-ray's either at initial release. It will do so in a future update.

Back