• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slowwwww cloning

padawan

I purchased Clone DVD2 about a month ago, everything was great. I was cloning DVD's left and right, very fast. Then about a week ago, it started taking FOREFVER to copy a DVD. Is there a setting that I'm missing. I don't think I changed anything, but none the less, it is so slow now. HELP, please.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

13. My burns are taking forever to complete suddenly. Why?

a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
i) Windows XP?
ii) Windows Vista?
iii) general?

b) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

c) Did you select an appropriate burn speed in Clonedvd? Obviously 4x is going to take longer than 12x.

d) Try another cable on the back of your burner (try an 80 wire cable if you have an ide burner). Maybe your existing cable has gone bad.

e) Try defragmenting your hard drive.

burning is fine, its the section where Clone DVD writes it to my hard drive

e) Try defragmenting your hard drive.
burning is fine, its the section where Clone DVD writes it to my hard drive
This works for me,When clonedvd runs slow writing to the temp file on the hard drive. Usually takes me from 40 minutes "estimated time" to about 14 minutes ( a big difference) Try a defrag as Webslinger suggested.
I would be interested in finding out if it is just me that gets the big time difference or everybody after defragging the drive.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. It was working fine and I had a cmos problem that it had to go to the shop for. When I got it back it was taking around 1hr 15 minutes where as before it was taking around 40 minutes for a dvd-9. So I put a one of the burners out of the computer into another computer. Loaded anydvd and clone dvd and it was worse. Almost 2 hrs for a dvd-9 and about 40 minutes for dvd-5. Mine is slower in the section and where it writes tried 2 different burners.Tried everthing any other suggestions.

Last edited:
Back