• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow rips

Technof

Hi guys, I need to know if any of you know how to unlock my BD drive which is a PLDS DVDRWBD DS-4E1S firmware version ED16 read speed is very slow and it takes about an hour at least for most BD. I have a Dell laptop with an I5 460 2.8 GHz, 6 MB memory and 640 HDD, since you guys seem to know a lot and I’m not an expert I will appreciate any help. I’ve checked one of the websites someone mention here in the forum Media code something but I couldn’t find a firmware crack for my drive and also I have Cyberlink Power DVD DX to play my BD’s if I unlock the drive will this affect Cyberlink ability to play the discs or it has nothing to do with that.
I don’t have Anydvd but I love to read this forum and I’ve learn a lot about backing up BD thanks to you guys.
Thank you again.

Last edited:
ripping on a laptop will always be slower then on a desktop. The media code you're referring to is Media Code Speed Edit and is capable of removing the riplock from alot of drives with the drives firmware if supported. Removing riplock will not affect powerdvd. It will only increase read speed, nothing more. That being said if you don't have anydvd then this topic is not only irrelevant to anydvd, its also in the wrong section.

However an hour per rip i think is not bad for a laptop, but i doubt it has only 6MB of ram lol, you wouldnt even be able to run windows 95 if it only had 6MB

Your drive is only a 4.8 speed drive from what I can find. There's no way to increase that

Thanks Ch3vron, I meant 6GB memory I know it may not belong here but since so many of you know a lot on something I don’t I thought it will not hurt to ask. I didn’t mean to be disrespectful at all.
I’m sorry if I bother anyone with my question and again thank you for taking the time to help.

You werent bothering anyone mate, that's what we're here for. To try & help :) But as Adbear sais, its impossible (or extremely hard) to increase the readspeed of that drive. Laptop hardware always has been and always will be below standard desktop equipment

Back