• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow Ripping Speed (Constant)

DarthWind

Hello!

I am trying to rip my newly purchased Avatar The Last Airbender series blu-rays. This is the complete series.
When ripping to image via AnyDVD HD 8.6.4.0 it rips at a very slow speed.
I am on disc 4 and have observed constant (from the first second to the last second of progress) speeds of 1x (4 MB/s), 2x (8 MB/s), and 4x (20 MB/s).
Each of these blu-rays say they are 50GB discs and the much slower speed of 4 MB/s says it will take almost 2 hours!

I tested out MakeMKV backing up to folder with decryption on and using the speed registry change for libredrive (https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22689) of 0=99 meaning for all discs as fast as possible and during the large m2ts files I was getting up to 50 MB/s (12x) speeds.

I tested AnyDVD HD with and without the drives Speed Control setting in AnyDVD set to "Fast & Noisy" and it made no difference.

Is there something wrong with my system? Is AnyDVD HD able to take advantage of libredrive's speed control setting? Are these discs limiting AnyDVD HD's speed?

I am attaching a log for the disc as well. I peeked through it and noticed something odd with MakeMKV/libredrive.
This line:
Code:
  3.53s: startLibreDrive commandLine: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV\makemkvcon64.exe" --cache=1 --directio=true info disc:9999
leads to:
Code:
  6.67s: logFile: MakeMKV v1.17.3 win(x64-release) started
  6.67s: logFile: Failed to open disc
  6.67s: logFile: Total 0 titles
I tested this by running the command via cmd and got the same error. Looking through the help it appears this command will only succeed using the special 9999 disc while also using the "-r" option. Tested this and it works with -r for listing the drives.
Don't know if this is a change in MakeMKV or if this affects AnyDVD at all...

AnyDVD Overview:
Code:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.4.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23696000 sectors (46281 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Avatar_Book_2_Disc_1
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 64
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Possible Blu-ray Java region lock removed!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
Removed UOPs!
Bad sector protection not found.

MakeMKV overview:
Code:
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Current profile: BD-R SRM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS60
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: XXXXXXXXX
Firmware date: 2118-10-29 19:36
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 64

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

Disc Information
Label: Avatar_Book_2_Disc_1
Timestamp: 2018-03-16 12:51:18
Data capacity: 45.19 Gb

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_D_Avatar_Book_2_Disc_1_76F5E0B4_4840C9EC.ziplog
    252.2 KB · Views: 2
You can try to uninstall MakeMKV, power cycle the PC and test AnyDVD.

You need to clean the discs with liquid soap and warm water. Then dry with a microfiber cloth as used for cleaning glasses. Try again. New discs often have an invisible film you can't see - but the laser of your drive does.

Back