• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow process PS3

mpala

Help,
I recently downgraded to the beta format to see if it would speed things up, and I am still getting 400+ mins to do.

moving from DVD to external hard drive
-PS3 4:3
-resolution 720x480
-deinterlace video- 2 pass
-output size 1.09 GB
-output to external hard drive on ps2 connection

Welcome to the forum mpala. There are a couple things to try, if this is a movie DVD you can turn off the deinterlace, that's for video tape source and most all are film source. And secondly I've tried 1,2 and even 3 pass and can't justify the time required to do it, just doesn't make that much difference. Just slide the quality slider up to increase the bit rate and try 1 pass. I have external drives and have experimented with times for output and have not found any difference to get in a twist about. The big deal for encoding a mobile profile is CPU speed, the faster the CPU the faster this task will go. I use CloneDVD to rip the movie only to one of the hard drives; I burn it to a single layer DVD later, and make my mobile file from that folder. It may be all in my head but that seems to go faster than straight from the DVD.

Thanks for the suggestion

I will try again tonight and see if I can speed the process up.
-Could the speed of my cpu be a big factor?

-Could the speed of my cpu be a big factor?

with this profile CPU is a major factor. you're encoding to h264. on my i7 i'm getting 1/2 realtime, so if you've got a slower machine then you have to expect longer encode times.

still slower than X-mas

Well I have made a few adjustments such as turning the pass down to 1 and the deinterlace off.

-Still taking 5 hours to convert the to the mp4 format on my usb2.0 wd drive.
-Tried going straight to the hard drive on my computer and it still takes just as long

-Processor is an AMD 1.9
-1 gig of ram
-XP

I am totally at a loss here as to what to do.

If it makes a difference I have tried a few other programs and am still getting a very lengthy process.

-Any ideas that I should try?

I take it you're using a single core AMD CPU with 1.9ghz ?

You've got more or less 2 options:

. be patient
. upgrade to a quad core CPU

sorry. h264 is CPU intensive.

Help,
I recently downgraded to the beta format to see if it would speed things up, and I am still getting 400+ mins to do.

moving from DVD to external hard drive
-PS3 4:3
-resolution 720x480
-deinterlace video- 2 pass
-output size 1.09 GB
-output to external hard drive on ps2 connection

I notice you are using 720x480 frame resolution, unless you intend to use the PSP to display to a TV that is taking extra time. The native resolution of the PSP is 480x272 and that’s all you are going to see on the PSP no matter what. You’ll find the 480x272 goes a lot faster. Mike is right though, with a single core it’s still going to be slow I’m afraid.

hardware it is

Fellas,

Unfortunately I think that the issue truly lies in the hardware.

After all of the testing I think that I am just going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade the system.
-I have a friend running dual core and he is getting 1.5 hrs. So I am led to believe that the CPU is the major hurdle

-Thanks for the help. Guess I am now in the market for a new quad core.

Fellas,

Unfortunately I think that the issue truly lies in the hardware.

After all of the testing I think that I am just going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade the system.
-I have a friend running dual core and he is getting 1.5 hrs. So I am led to believe that the CPU is the major hurdle

-Thanks for the help. Guess I am now in the market for a new quad core.

No doubt about it, my quad core gets them in about 25 mins.

so, like you i too have a slow cpu, i use a vob format and then i rename it mpeg and i can stream it to my PS3 a VOB is a big file but it works and is a lot faster then the ps3 format

Results to the experiment

Well guys,

I am determined to win this situation and have gone and ordered a new rig.

-2.4 ghz quad core AMD
-8 gigs of ram
-and all sorts of other bells and whistles.

Now if this new machine can not produce blazing times well then we will really have an interesting situation on our hands.

- I expect the new rig to get here by the 19th and will start trying it out immediately, so stay tuned for hopefully one of the happiest dudes out there!

Side question for moderator, if I am no longer using my old rig, can I still keep my slysoft software licenses, or will I need to buy new ones?

if I am no longer using my old rig, can I still keep my slysoft software licenses, or will I need to buy new ones?

You can reuse your license on the new machine, they are not hardware locked.

mpala, have you got or will a 64 bit OS come with your new computer? A 32 bit OS like I have will only recognize 3GB of memory no mater how much is installed.

Os

Got the 64 bit os.
-Was wrong got 8 gigs on the memory.

would have been teed off if I got a 32 bit that didnt recognize anymore than 3!

Cant wait to test the software out. Will give you guys numbers as soon as I am ready to hit the dance floor!!

moderator question

Hey moderators,

just a quick idea. As a group we should look in to posting specs on machines an processing times on the software. I think we could really help a lot of folks out!

But that is just my humble of humblest oppinions.

Got the 64 bit os.
-Was wrong got 8 gigs on the memory.

would have been teed off if I got a 32 bit that didnt recognize anymore than 3!

Cant wait to test the software out. Will give you guys numbers as soon as I am ready to hit the dance floor!!

Sounds great, you should be quck as bunny when you get that system.

BTW, no 32 bit OS will see more that 3gigs. (Windows OS)

Results are in

The new computer is here and the times are about 72 mins per disk.

Someone mentioned that the software has to be setup to use a quad core processor. is that a true statement?

No, I don't think so. Open the task manager and click on the performance tab you'll see each core's utilization.

The new computer is here and the times are about 72 mins per disk.

Someone mentioned that the software has to be setup to use a quad core processor. is that a true statement?
That was the case with the older versions, where you had to add threads=(number of threads) to profiles. The new versions (1.6) use multithreading by default where applicable.

Back