• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow dubbing on Any DVD

You must have something using the majority of your resources. Because if that was a common issue we would all be experiencing it. I've never had it be that long except for that situation (resource hog running).

Let me also ask you this after you installed both AnyDVDHD and cloneDVD did you do a restart of the PC.
And please post a logfile so this can be looked into for you.
Yes I did restart PC both times when I downloaded Any DVD and CloneDVD. I must now figure out how to post a logfile for you. Any directions please?

I gave you the directions in that link on post 11 where you said 'I've tried all that' in post 13. Obviously you haven't.

An obvious issue could be a defective disc. But, without an AnyDVD log, there is no way to tell. If the OP refuses to post one, it is a waste of everyone's time to speculate. There are simply too many variables.

Find the little RedFox in the tray bar next to your clock.( You may have to press the arrow to show all if it's hid and not displayed in the three or for things it shows all time. )

Right-click that fox icon then a menu should come up select"create logfile" .
Post that here. By using the "upload file" button below where you write your post on here.

PS
You can have the fox icon stay visable in your tray by going into tray bar's settings find that icon and select always show and it will not be hid anymore.

Find the little RedFox in the tray bar next to your clock.( You may have to press the arrow to show all if it's hid and not displayed in the three or for things it shows all time. )

Right-click that fox icon then a menu should come up select"create logfile" .
Post that here. By using the "upload file" button below where you write your post on here.

PS
You can have the fox icon stay visable in your tray by going into tray bar's settings find that icon and select always show and it will not be hid anymore.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.5.0_Info_E_THE_DAMNED.ziplog
    118.3 KB · Views: 6
You have malware (leftovers) on your system.

AppInit DLLs 64bit 0:

c:\progra~3\winspeed\winspeed.dll

AppInit DLLs 64bit 1:

C:\PROGRA~3\WinSpeed\WINSPE~1.DLL

There's newer firmware for your drive: you're running 1H8D, there's 1H8K dating back 5 years

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_100544_1&swEnvOid=4054

Other than that, @James will have to take a look, but i would recommend trying the earlier made suggestion. Try ripping with the ANYDVD RIPPER instead of CloneDVD's. You can then load that anydvd rip into CloneDVD. Note: do NOT use the image ripper on DVD's. Use the "Rip Video DVD to hard disk" option. The ripper is found the same place you clicked to create the logfile.

Thanks to you and your kind guidance.
Your welcome. That's what we're here for. Now try what ch3vy suggested rip with AnyDVDHD. Right-click and select rip video to hard disk. Select the output folder an start it . See if that shows those crazy times too.
Note:
It will be multiple files in the folder when done. Will consist of VOB. IFO. and BUP files.
When that completes open that folder with cloneDVD input (source).

@RareMark
Not related to your problem, but you can also use a 1H8K firmware without rip-lock.
Run the NECWinFlash.exe, click on 'Flash', and select your desired bin file.
The readme.txt describes the differences.

Attachments

• AD-7251H 1H8K.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Riplock has no effect on dvd. That 'function' is limited to Blu-ray only.

Riplock has no effect on dvd.
Riplock is the feature of a drive that limits the speed at which DVD-Video discs with CSS encryption are read. Its purpose is to make the drive quiet while you are watching movies. As a side effect, it also slows down the ripping of DVD video discs. The exact limited speed varies depending on the model of the drive. It is usually between 2X and 5X.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riplock

First time I see that, source? That said, if riplock was the problem ALL the software applications he uses (CloneDVD, Nero, dvdshrink) would be affected.

Riplock is the feature of a drive that limits the speed at which DVD-Video discs with CSS encryption are read. Its purpose is to make the drive quiet while you are watching movies. As a side effect, it also slows down the ripping of DVD video discs. The exact limited speed varies depending on the model of the drive. It is usually between 2X and 5X.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riplock
Thanks to you I have finally freed my twin Sony Optiarcs from the dreaded Riplock and they are as speedy as a Ferrari. I owe you a beer.

My pleasure !
Tell me when you hover around Heidelberg, Germany ;)

For the sake of completeness for those with NEC/Optiarc drives looking for a non-riplocked and/or RPC1 firmware: http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/

Last edited:
Back