• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow Conversion

majarlika

I've recently downloaded the trial version of CloneDVD Mobile. I'm using the application to convert DVD movies to mp4 for my iPod video. Lately, it's been taking 4 to 5 hours to convert a single 2-hour movie compared to 1 to 2 hours when I started using the trial version (I'm on my 15th day of the trial version). I didn't make any changes to my pc prior to having the problem. Some facts about my pc:

- Inspiron 6000
- Intel Centrino 2GHz with 2 MB of RAM
- Windows XP
- HDD set to DMA
- No other applications running while performing conversions.
- I tried it with both copying to internal and external HDD with same problem.
- Tried turning off antivirus.
- checked Task Manager and CPU is peaking at 40%

Any help would greatly be appreciated before I decide to purchase the software. Thanks!

2MB of RAM?? nah,you mean 2GB:)
have you tried defragmenting the hard drive(s) that you use?
start>all programs>accesories>system tools>defragmenter.

Ooops... I meant 2GB of RAM. I tried defragmenting my drive(s) but still taking 4 hours to convert DVD to mp4. My next option is to look for another pc with DVD drive and install CloneDVD Mobile. I'll see if I can isolate my PC as the problem. I've already tested comparing the performance between converting an original DVD and one that was ripped using DVDClone Mobile and there wasn't any difference.

Back