• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sleeping Beauty Blu-ray backup problem

disblufan

I am new here, but I am having the worst time copying the Sleeping Beauty, Region A, US, Blu-ray, which was released Oct. 7. AnyDVD HD rips both discs fine, but when I ripped disc one with region code removal, burned that copy to a BD-R DL and played it on my PS3, the system recognized the title but when I press play, nothing happens; it won't play. I tried it again without region code removal, but still, nothing happens. :bang: I haven't even tried disc 2 because I ran out of BD-R DLs. The latest version of AnyDVD HD was used. I have backed up or am in the process of backing up all the Disney Platinum Edition DVDs to make sure I am not screwed when the disc goes out of print and the disc gets damaged or stops working at that point. I am also doing this with the Platinum Editon BDs, starting with SB, but as I mentioned eariler, the copies don't work. Can I please get some help here? :confused:

1) If you have HDCP compliance, does the disc play with Anydvd disabled? If it doesn't, then your problem has nothing to do with Anydvd.
I have no software for playing BDs on my PC.

2) Update your drive's firmware if available: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18731
Apparently I was using slightly outdated firmware

3) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd HD. Check the sticky at the top of this forum.
THE latest

4) Remove packet writing software from your system, including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.
There is no such software

5) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.
A:Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition B:Region A C:United States D: October 7, 2008

6) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd HD. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.
I have posted the log data for when I used Region Removal.:

This is all the info I have. I really need help on this one!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_SLEEPINGBEAUTY_D1.zip
    193.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
how about you update your driver since you said it wasnt up to date. so what i understand is that you have no way of testing your rips before you burn it because you dont have the software. that can get pritty expensive for blank BD-R DL especially since there already expensive to begin with also what are you using to burn the disc. i use imgburn and it hasnt failed me yet plus its free

can you attach a log file so we can further help you. just right click on the red fox and click on "create log file" and attach the folder created to this thread

can you attach a log file so we can further help you. just right click on the red fox and click on "create log file" and attach the folder created to this thread

The log file is in the first post.

Odd question, but have you tried playing the original in the PS3? I haven't ripped my copy of SB yet, but when I played it in my HTPC the first time, the Blu-ray updated something on my system.

Here are some other things to try:

1. Clean install of the hi def software player? Most software programs don't remove the files in windows/prefetch.

2. Do a test run to see if your are building a compliant Blu-ray structure on a BD-5 blank disk and see if it will play in your PS3 or Blu-ray player.

3. Are you burning the disk with UDF 2.5?

:)

I tried all these things. Nothing. How could I test to see if I am building a compliant BD structure?

Back