1. RedFox is offering a Cyber-Monday discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until November 30, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

Skipping

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by lonewolf2873, Apr 20, 2007.

1. lonewolf2873

lonewolf2873 New Member

I have had this issue for some time but NOW I have had enough. 99% of all copies I have made have 5-10 second skips in them. For example, I copied saw 3 with no problems but had 10 seconds skips thru entire movie. I almost always end up with at least 15 skips every movie. Most start out within first few minutes. Some last entire movie, some last first half or so. I am not running any other programs while ripping or burning. Windows Xp 1Gb ram 2-200GB sata raid Sony 16X dvd burner with latest firmware....using memorex,tdk,fuji,Ritek..used -r and +r ...latest CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3 and ANydvd 6.1.3.6...as i said it has been happening for sometime so its not any one revision of anydvd that has been the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  2. SlapSoft

SlapSoft Member

Sorry you're having this problem - it must be very frustrating. However, AnyDVD is not the problem. It's your burner and/or media. I've never cared for Sony burners, or any of the media you mentioned, for that matter.

Guaranteed fix for your problem: Get a NEC, LG, Lite-On, or BenQ (if you can find one) burner, then use nothing but Taiyo Yuden media.

Case closed.

3. customshopkv1

customshopkv1 Well-Known Member

Try TY or Verbatim media and burn at half the rated speed (i.e. 16x disc burn at 8x). ;)

p.s. I think 8x or 12x will give you the best results.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

5. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Try some better media.