• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Skipping / Sound cutting out issues...

Bluevyper

Just looking for some advice if anyone has dealt with a situation like this before. My backups used to skip sometimes, like a hiccup and then its suddenly in another part of the movie, so I bought a new asus burner and formatted the pc I do most of my burning on hoping to get rid of the problem. Now it seems like the audio just cuts out here and there not so much the skipping thing. Its not a cinevia thing as it does this with any old movie. So I've come to the conclusion (I hope) that its 2 possible things going on here, the media I use... normally whatever is on sale at newegg (TDK or Memorex) or maybe the hard drive is too old. Its only a 120 gig HDD and its been through a few pcs. Hoping its not the media as verbatims can get a little expensive after while. =/ Any advice is welcome!

Using Anydvd and Clonedvd btw (of course,. why else would I be here? =p)

At what speed did you burn the dvd?

Just looking for some advice if anyone has dealt with a situation like this before. My backups used to skip sometimes, like a hiccup and then its suddenly in another part of the movie, so I bought a new asus burner and formatted the pc I do most of my burning on hoping to get rid of the problem. Now it seems like the audio just cuts out here and there not so much the skipping thing. Its not a cinevia thing as it does this with any old movie. So I've come to the conclusion (I hope) that its 2 possible things going on here, the media I use... normally whatever is on sale at newegg (TDK or Memorex) or maybe the hard drive is too old. Its only a 120 gig HDD and its been through a few pcs. Hoping its not the media as verbatims can get a little expensive after while. =/ Any advice is welcome!

Using Anydvd and Clonedvd btw (of course,. why else would I be here? =p)

1. Try burning your blanks at 4x speed. Burning too fast can cause the issues you mention.

2. Don't do other tasks on your computer while burning as it may also cause your issues.

3. Stick to using Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden PREMIUM brand media ( TDK or Memorex are not as good! )

Regarding that your hard drive might be at fault. Try playing a movie from your hard drive with Power Dvd or TMT or some other software player.

If it plays back flawless I would assume your hard drive is fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! I've started burning them at 4x lately and some are still hit or miss. Guess I will have to try the new media then next, are those the only 2 reliable brands to buy?

They are the two brands that I trust!

Thanks for the response! I've started burning them at 4x lately and some are still hit or miss. Guess I will have to try the new media then next, are those the only 2 reliable brands to buy?

With Taiyo Yuden PREMIUM media, burned at 4x speed, you should end up with trouble free copies close to 100% of the time.
( Be sure to get the PREMIUM media as Taiyo Yuden VALUE LINE is no where as consistent in quality! )

Verbatim, for me, is very close in quality to Taiyo Yuden PREMIUM.

All the other brands I've tried over the years have been inconsistent. Some batches of them "good" and others "fair at best".

Last edited:
They are the two brands that I trust!

accidental duplicate post!

Last edited:
Found some Verbatims today, they are not DL though, I normally try to get 100% when I backup my discs, but with single layers I might have to squeeze the quality a bit. What percentage do you consider acceptable... anything in green still? Or will you notice any drop from 100%? Thanks for the help btw, I really appreciate it as this skipping thing is driving me nuts.

Compression

Found some Verbatims today, they are not DL though, I normally try to get 100% when I backup my discs, but with single layers I might have to squeeze the quality a bit. What percentage do you consider acceptable... anything in green still? Or will you notice any drop from 100%? Thanks for the help btw, I really appreciate it as this skipping thing is driving me nuts.

I find it hard to spot the quality difference between a non-compressed 7.5 GB dual layer original & a 4.36 GB single layer copy on my 47" LG TV. ( Could be my eyes - I recently turned 57! )

Even so I just spend the extra money and usually backup dual layer originals to dual layer media.

If you have a hard time finding quality dual layer media at stores you should get it from some online source.

Another option to consider is just rip your discs to a hard drive at 100% quality and don't bother burning to discs but simply watch straight from the hard drive to your tv set via a media streamer.

I've cut back on burning to blank discs and choose instead to usually stream my hard drive's content via my media streamer.

That's awesome, That has kinda been my plan sooner or later to just run a living room pc sorta. Entire movie collection on there ready to stream but I don't know what kind of software would be good to play them on tv or what software would be good to organize them all for ease of viewing via remote etc. It would save a ton of cash and be a greener way to do things. =)

Power Dvd or TMT are good choices

That's awesome, That has kinda been my plan sooner or later to just run a living room pc sorta. Entire movie collection on there ready to stream but I don't know what kind of software would be good to play them on tv or what software would be good to organize them all for ease of viewing via remote etc. It would save a ton of cash and be a greener way to do things. =)

For software playback do a free trial of either Power Dvd or TMT to see which you prefer.

If you computer has HDMI out you can connect it to a TV with a HDMI input and watch hard drive content via either above player.

Another option is to stream from a media player such as the Bluetimes 3546B 3D Android 1080p H.264 MKV Network USB 3.0 TV Box Media Player.

I own a Bluetimes 3546B and it plays most of what I have on my hard drives flawlessly including 3D Blu ray .ISO images.

Organizing the content is EASY as all the .ISO images have names and if I watch via my Bluetimes they automatically show on my tv screen in alphabetical/numerical order.

P. S. My Bluetimes 3546B has a problem with a few of the . ISO menus. I have to play those few via TMT on my computer which is also connected to my tv.

Back