• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sizes (25gb etc) greyed out...

Bazzzer

When I place a 4k bluray commercial disk into my new 4k bluray pc disk drive and then do the AnyDVD HD thing, and it comes up in the usual way, so I then fire up CloneBD, it doesn't give me the possibility of choosing 25gb disks as the final size, only 50gb or 100gb disks - I want to get it onto a 25gb disk!

Any advice?

Attachments

• CloneBD_Problem_with_Disc_Size_10-2-23.png
    CloneBD_Problem_with_Disc_Size_10-2-23.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 12
That's right, the compression will be around 15mbps for an 80GB film, so a full backup to 25GB isn't worth it.
If only the main movie is chosen, the data rates will increase by about 10mbps

Let us put a few things into perspective ( these are approximations))
You are keeping Dolby Vision (approximately 5GB)
Original audio (truehd+atmos) (about 5 to 8GB)
This leaves 12 to 15 GB for the video file, not very good for 4k

This about the range of 4k DoVi stuff that hbomax stream together with 770kbps sound tracks...
Apples and oranges.
Don't have HBOMAX but they probably use profile 8.1, Metadata mixed into video track with no backward comapability in order to reduce size.
EAC3+ (no core) + atmos is not spec compliant and is not anywhere near the size of a thd+atmos track on a UHD disc.
Get a UHD disc and the same movie from HBOMAX at 4K, demux all the tracks and then compare them.
Track to track not disc to video

I do not usually give advice here, but just the audio alone would take up a big chunk of that 25GB/s disc, you need a 50GB disc or I wouldn't really do it all.

I do not usually give advice here, but just the audio alone would take up a big chunk of that 25GB/s disc, you need a 50GB disc or I wouldn't really do it all.

Indeed, compressing the hell out of video but leaving audio uncompressed at all leaves one to question one's sanity... In all seriousness, compress the audio with full-range AAC in VBR mode, and you'd not be able to tell the difference while saving a ton of bandwidth.

I want to get it onto a 25gb disk!
Sorry
If you are not ready for the storage requirements of 4K movies, then buy the movie directly as a bluray.
Who compresses 4K movies will also find 4K movie streaming very good. (n)
Compressing is no way for me.

Indeed, compressing the hell out of video but leaving audio uncompressed at all leaves one to question one's sanity... In all seriousness, compress the audio with full-range AAC in VBR mode, and you'd not be able to tell the difference while saving a ton of bandwidth.
But that is what the OP wants to do, compress the hell out of the video and leave the thd+ac3+atmos audio track untouched.
And he wants to create a BD disc as well, which has more overhead than mp4 or mkv

But that is what the OP wants to do, compress the hell out of the video and leave the thd+ac3+atmos audio track untouched.
And he wants to create a BD disc as well, which has more overhead than mp4 or mkv

but you missed what I was saying, you said that 15GB was "not very good for 4k" video track, I simply produced a counter example where that was the size of entire delivery with DoVi and sound track from HBO and nobody whines that HBO's 4K is bad let alone terrible, and I just checked with D+ and they, too, deliver about 5.5-6GB of data per 45-ish minute episode for 4K+DoVi+DD+. So again, 15GB for 90ish minute film is not as terrible as you might think.

And the M2TS overhead for a video track itself is not as huge as you might think (if you've written enough M2TS parsers, you'll see just how much gets padded with null packets)

He wants a disc, for max compatibility keep it like on original disc padding and all. Overhead about 10%.
About HBOMAX sizes, the videos are preprocessed, (denoised, grain removed, etc)
Does CloneBD give you access to those filters?
I've compressed enough 4K, HDR, DV movies to know that with 2 pass 10 GB is doable, but without preprocessing a lot are not that good.
Apples to oranges
Find a stream with no preprocessing from HBOMAX then we will talk
Until then I am out.
By the way, I didn't miss your point, I just did not want to respond to it because you ignored, missed all the preprocessing involved on those videos from all providers.

192 byte sector with the last 4 bytes for synchronization. Thanks for the info.
Even if the packets are null the UHD player might still expect the right size packets and number of packets
Bye

The OP didn't respond anymore. So why don't you leave it like this. I also disagree with some statements that AAC is the same quality as EAC. Maybe on a TV or soundbar but not if you have better equipment. It's an audible difference. On the other hand it's pretty ignorant to compress the best video and audio down to something that doesn't keep all these nice features. Personally my experience is that compressing video by about 25% is not visible. So best case make a 50GB disc with just the main movie and original audio and only the tracks you want to keep does not compromise anything too much from such an 80GB disc. My 2 cents.

192 byte sector with the last 4 bytes for synchronization. Thanks for the info.
Even if the packets are null the UHD player might still expect the right size packets and number of packets
Bye

Well, actually it's 188 bytes with first four for sync, and the BD standard adds an additional four at the start for timing and copyright signalling, but shows how much you know... as you said... bye!

I also disagree with some statements that AAC is the same quality as EAC.

[snip]

That religion stems from the old days when AAC encoders were crap; take a PCM encode it with FH or Apple (via qaac) encoder and encode the same PCM with EAC3, then take the encoded audio tracks and convert them back to PCM, then compare with the original PCM at the sample points... You'll be surprised. ;)

Well, actually it's 188 bytes with first four for sync, and the BD standard adds an additional four at the start for timing and copyright signalling, but shows how much you know... as you said... bye!
188 bytes + 4 bytes = 192 bytes
Guess the extra stuff "padding" serves a purpose
Guess you can suck and blow at the same time

188 bytes + 4 bytes = 192 bytes

and every program that reads (or expects) multiples of 192 byte chucks is literally non-compliant, but like I said you don't get why null packets are used for padding in m2ts anyway, and in any event, your statement that 15GB for a 4K film is bad is demonstrably wrong as proven by both HBO and Disney... There's literally nothing to discuss in this area.

Back