• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

single file transport stream version

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertwallace

I would like the ability to output a single file transport stream version "title name.ts" -- even if I have to input the title name in advance. (I'm currently doing this with Clown_BD.)

I know I can get to it already in CloneBd by selecting a directory-structure output and digging out the NNNNN.ts file when the conversion is complete, but if I only want that file, it should be a choice. It may not be too difficult since all the hard work is done; just need to restructure the output a bit and name the file for the title. I also know I'm giving up chapters, but I don't use chapters when viewing.

I only do 1:1 conversions for my NAS - quality is more important than size for me and a single file is easier to catalog and maintain.

Another request, but it may be asking too much: For titles with the security-through-obscurity method of dozens and dozens of false playlists, some easier method of determining the correct playlist would be very nice. AnyDVD HD sometimes offers up its opinion of the correct playlist in these situations. Perhaps CloneBD can leverage off this.

Along the same lines, in the Selection screen where all the title's "clips" are spread out, please provide the capability of expanding and scrolling through the multiple clips. This would greatly help the user determine incongruous (and therefore likely false) timelines.

Robert

I would like the ability to output a single file transport stream version "title name.ts"

This would be a really great feature. Incidentally, all my TV recordings are saved as *.ts files. :D
Unfortunately, *.ts containers do not support subtitles (especially text files), so an option for hardcoding would be necessary or the use of separate streams similiar to DVB subtitles. Transcoding should also be possible.

This would be a really great feature. Incidentally, all my TV recordings are saved as *.ts files. :D
Unfortunately, *.ts containers do not support subtitles (especially text files), so an option for hardcoding would be necessary or the use of separate streams similiar to DVB subtitles. Transcoding should also be possible.

ErichV,

All my Clown_BD-created .ts files have some of the original subtitles included (the ones I selected off the original source) - often multiple subtitles -- and are not "burned" onto the video. I've never tried using separate text-files for subtitles, however.

Robert

ErichV,

All my Clown_BD-created .ts files have some of the original subtitles included (the ones I selected off the original source) - often multiple subtitles -- and are not "burned" onto the video. I've never tried using separate text-files for subtitles, however.

Robert

If you demux the *.ts files created by ClownBD, what file extension do these subtitle files have?
I am not sure whether the elementary subtitle streams (*.sup) of a Blu-ray disc can be part of a *.ts container. Is the "forced" flag being handled correctly?

I am already confused, so I moved your posts to a new thread. Gonna reply later.

I would like the ability to output a single file transport stream version "title name.ts" -- even if I have to input the title name in advance. (I'm currently doing this with Clown_BD.)

I know I can get to it already in CloneBd by selecting a directory-structure output and digging out the NNNNN.ts file when the conversion is complete, but if I only want that file, it should be a choice. It may not be too difficult since all the hard work is done; just need to restructure the output a bit and name the file for the title. I also know I'm giving up chapters, but I don't use chapters when viewing.
I only do 1:1 conversions for my NAS - quality is more important than size for me and a single file is easier to catalog and maintain.
Just had a quick chat with developer. Possible. Added. Ticket [#664]

Another request, but it may be asking too much: For titles with the security-through-obscurity method of dozens and dozens of false playlists, some easier method of determining the correct playlist would be very nice. AnyDVD HD sometimes offers up its opinion of the correct playlist in these situations. Perhaps CloneBD can leverage off this.
Developer is asking for an example. What movie have you in your mind?

Along the same lines, in the Selection screen where all the title's "clips" are spread out, please provide the capability of expanding and scrolling through the multiple clips. This would greatly help the user determine incongruous (and therefore likely false) timelines.
I doubt if scrolling through thumbnails really helps. Why you don't open the preview player to check that?

Thanks,
Tom

Developer is asking for an example. What movie have you in your mind?

Expendibles 3 comes to mind. CloneBD apears to select the correct playlist for this BD, so this request may already be incorporated. I should have tried more disks.

I doubt if scrolling through thumbnails really helps. Why you don't open the preview player to check that?
The preview player can't seem to jump to the next clip. I've noticed this on any title with multiple clips in the playlist.

Maybe this is just me, since I haven't noticed anyone else having problems with the preview player but...

Example: Exendibles 3 at 7:16, the preview player stops at the end of the first clip, #00518. Controls stop working - only the Close button does anything after that. Even if you drag the scroll button past 7:16 manually instead of letting the player reach it on its own, the player freezes. If, when you start the player, you click on one of the thumbnails instead of dragging the slider, it works OK (until it gets to the end of the clip). However moving the slider around eventually hangs the entire program.

This makes it awkward to see if the next clip matches the previous clip. (when trying to determine if the playlist is correct.) Again, my whole "obscurity" thread may be OBE but, as a note, the preview player should be able to play across clips, right? I should probably add this to the bug thread.

Thanks,
Tom
Likewise.

Robert

If you demux the *.ts files created by ClownBD, what file extension do these subtitle files have?
I am not sure whether the elementary subtitle streams (*.sup) of a Blu-ray disc can be part of a *.ts container. Is the "forced" flag being handled correctly?

Here is a list of the files demuxed from a BD folder structure (which, by the way, has *.m2ts files - that contain all the subtitles in the stream) from the movie "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" after I selected the HD audio track and the two English subtitles:

Audio_3_English.THD+AC3
Chapters_1.txt (never used)
Subtitles_8_English.sup
Subtitles_9_English.sup
Video_2.h264

...but this isn't exactly what you asked. I'm not sure how to demux the reconstructed .ts file created by Clown_BD (which handles the details). When I use mediainfo to look at it, the first "Text" stream is format: PGS, if that means anything to you (it doesn't to me.)

I'm actually surprised this is an issue. I've never had problems with subtitles in any Clown_BD-generated .ts files. Yes, "forced" flag is handled correctly.

I dont' know if this means anything, but there have been one or two times when Clown_BD failed that I just grabbed the *.m2ts file from the BD structure, renamed it *.ts and used it like that. No problems whatsoever.

Robert

Thanks Robert, that helps a lot.
Conclusion: PGS (*.sup files) are supported by *.ts containers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back