• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Singapore / US - PAL/NTSC capability

Pokerman11

I'm moving from the US to Singapore for two years. I have my own collection of originals, as well as I expect to buy more movies while in Singapore and then use the backups in any DVD player.

I've presently running a pioneer DVR-212D, but setting up a new computer and can upgrade the drive if needed? ( I also want a 2nd drive so backups are easier)

What's you guys think this Pioneer a good choice for my needs or got other recommendationis?

Slysoft software does not convert PAL to NTSC nor vice versa.

My recommendation would be to get an Oppo 981HD standalone dvd player (provided you have a television that accepts hdmi).

I did not title this thread the best. I meant to ask about the region capabilities of my current dvd burner. I know Sinapore is Region 3 and my disks are region 1.

However, I only play my backups that are region free, thats now the issue.

Let me re-phrase - any issues with using region 3 disks in my drive? or should I buy a different drive

I did not title this thread the best. I meant to ask about the region capabilities of my current dvd burner. I know Sinapore is Region 3 and my disks are region 1.

Provided Anydvd is running in the background, that's not an issue.

What might be an issue is PAL to NTSC conversion. However, most computer monitors and software will play PAL or NTSC without too many issues, provided, of course, that Anydvd is running in the background to handle region restrictions.

However, I only play my backups that are region free, thats now the issue.

PAL movies will not play on standalone NTSC equipment without conversion (unless the standalone dvd player can convert PAL to NTSC; one example of a a standalone dvd player that can convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa is the OPPO 981HD).

Let me re-phrase - any issues with using region 3 disks in my drive?

Not if you have Anydvd running in the background . . .

The issue is if you attempt to play your PAL backups on standalone equipment that can only handle NTSC.

Back