• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

sims 3 -- error code 282

kasmar45

My desktop icons do not work for sims 3. They work when I create them, but after a reboot they stop working and I get the following error:

Unable to start game
error code 282

The game runs fine from the Game Jakal screen.

My sims 3 works fine from the Game Jakal screen. I am running windows 7.

I am however having problems with sims 3 running from GJ created desktop icons.

My problem is the same as webslingers. Same error message... As I said... It works fine from the desktop icon the first time I use it right after creating it.. But after a reboot it no longer works and I get the error message. I feel the same as Webslinger. Not a big deal since it always works from the GJ screen.

My problem is the same as webslingers. Same error message... As I said... It works fine from the desktop icon the first time I use it right after creating it..

That's probably only because Game Jackal was already running on the toolbar. After you rebooted Game Jackal wasn't running.

I've reproduced this problem on more than one computer.

Last edited:
Now my sims 2 desktop icon has stopped working with the following error message.

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.

I think GJ has a problem with desktop icons.

Now my sims 2 desktop icon has stopped working with the following error message.

sims 2 != sims 3 (which is the title of this thread).... your error message is a securom one, sims 3 used ea 'home brew' protection... chalk.. cheese

Does it work from the GJ interface? You try setting the profiles "game management" to fully supported (under advanced settings).

I am not a copy protection expert. In fact, I don't know anything about copy protection and the different types. I assumed that the slysoft people would be the experts in protection. I was assuming that GJ would detect the type of protection and handle accordingly.

Interesting... there might be an issue with the shortcut launcher. There are some major changes in the next release to sort out this very issue (the "Conflict with Emulation" error).

Thanks Matthew. Like I said... it is not a big deal.. It always works from the GJ screen. The desktop shortcuts are just a convenience.

Back