• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sims 2: FreeTime

i cant make a new profile of this game it gets to step 2 of 3 an it stalls an i have to use task manager to close GJ then the window closes but the program wont stop/end :bang:

i cant make a new profile of this game it gets to step 2 of 3 an it stalls an i have to use task manager to close GJ then the window closes but the program wont stop/end :bang:

"Step 2 of 3"... Im not sure I follow as there are 5 steps in the profile wizard?

I just tested the beta with Free Time(including the new patch). Made a new profile without a problem. The error 6000 thing seems to be an issue with SecuROM and some sort of timeout in the protection.

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=module&c=6000

that one?

why not just click on the link when securom shows the error, it explains it...

"SecuROM™ has determined that a piece of software is hooking SecuROM™."

so you have something hooking api's...

guessing its a 'timeout in the protection'... well, its simply wrong...

or it can be softice too from the messages... without the exact link, i can't really check too much...
it seems some of the message codes are duplicated...

"Step 2 of 3"... Im not sure I follow as there are 5 steps in the profile wizard?

when you first go to make a profile you seclet the drive the disks gonna be in (1) then you put the disk in an click Next (2) for some reason it stalls after i click next it never makes it to next step :confused: an i have to use Task manger to close the program but it wont end the program

as i use gj just for my sims an none my other computer games require the disk i dont have any other games to test this glitch out on :doh:

when you first go to make a profile you seclet the drive the disks gonna be in (1) then you put the disk in an click Next (2) for some reason it stalls after i click next it never makes it to next step :confused: an i have to use Task manger to close the program but it wont end the program

as i use gj just for my sims an none my other computer games require the disk i dont have any other games to test this glitch out on :doh:

Is it this issue? http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15289 Is your AV Bitdefender?

Are you running beta v3.0.2.1?

Last edited:
Ok... really need to be clear on what is happening here.

1. Game Jackal is freezing up AFTER you insert the DVD?
2. You are able to kill Game Jackal using the task manager. Is you drive accessible after that or do you need to reboot? A good test is to insert another DVD and browse it using explorer (or some other file manager).

Ok... really need to be clear on what is happening here.

1. Game Jackal is freezing up AFTER you insert the DVD?
2. You are able to kill Game Jackal using the task manager. Is you drive accessible after that or do you need to reboot? A good test is to insert another DVD and browse it using explorer (or some other file manager).

1. its Freezing after i put the cd in the drive an click next

2. i'm able to close the GJ window with task manager but it wont kill the program totally, the drive isnt useable till after i reboot which i usually have to do manually

ok i seen there was a new version so i downloaded an installed this an restarted an tryed yet again to make this profile :bang:

the first time it went thru but for some reason it made the profile before the game even loaded or closed so i was like ok maybe it'll finish after i get done playing but no go so i thought it was complete one so i tryed playing without the cd it kept asking for the cd so i removed the profile an tryed again but now it keeps doing what my issuse with 3.02.1 was :doh:

1. its Freezing after i put the cd in the drive an click next

A bit confused with this statement. What "Next"? (maybe post a screen shot).

I have PM'd you with details of a debug kit. This may help pinpoint the problem.

A bit confused with this statement. What "Next"? (maybe post a screen shot).

I have PM'd you with details of a debug kit. This may help pinpoint the problem.

here a screen shot (that NEXT)

--------------------

an i sent in the debug report it ran for a bit before i noticed i had turn it off opps

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
here a screen shot (that NEXT)

--------------------

an i sent in the debug report it ran for a bit before i noticed i had turn it off opps

Thanks for the debug.log.

Can you please try a few things (after each step test Game Jackal).
1. Open the GJ registry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal" and create a new string value called "WT Mode" (must be a string value) and set this to "1".
2. Change the value of "WT Mode" to "2".
3. Change the value of "WT Mode" to "0" and shutdown your Norton security.

Please let me know which (if any) helps.

Also when your done with the above test... attached is an updated driver to test.

Simply unzip and copy it to "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" then reboot.
(Make sure "WT Mode" is set to "0").

http://rapidshare.com/files/125044042/maplom.zip.html
FYI - This is a 32-bit driver... do not install on a 64-bit system.

Last edited:
Thanks for the debug.log.

Can you please try a few things (after each step test Game Jackal).
1. Open the GJ registry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal" and create a new string value called "WT Mode" (must be a string value) and set this to "1".
2. Change the value of "WT Mode" to "2".
3. Change the value of "WT Mode" to "0" and shutdown your Norton security.

Please let me know which (if any) helps.

wow thanks i tryed the first one an it worked i even open an closed the game 3 -4 times to make sure an the profile works (least till next patch or till Apartment Life comes out lol)

Back