Simple Question About Compatibility Between Subtitles and Smart TVs

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by CarlEHL, Apr 17, 2021.

1. CarlEHL

CarlEHL Member

Hello Everybody,

So far I've only asked CloneBD for MKV with selectable subtitles at the copy mode stage and Blu-ray style subtitles at the target stage...

I write the MKV in a USB stick and insert it in my LG Smart TV, the audio is selectable, but the only subtitle option at screen seems disabled.

Is it normal? I changed Blu-ray style for DVD style too, without success, would the permanent subtitles be the only option for me?

I really want to be sure I'm setting the most compatible subtitles despite some TVs like mine are not compatible.

Thanks a lot beforehand.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

CloneBD specifically warns that not all players may be compatible with blu-ray style subtitles. You'll have to check your TV manual (since you don't mention the specific model) for which type of subtitles (if any at all) are compatible with which format. That's all beyond CLBD's control.

3. CarlEHL

CarlEHL Member

Thank you so much Ch3vr0n, I've just downloaded LG 43LH5700-UD's manual and can't find a subtitle spec, I found in the web that many LGs are only compatible with Closed Captions so I guess that's the reason. If I want to save my movies without re-encoding so I discard the permanent option and will keep Blu-ray style since my software players are ok with them. :)

whatever_gong82 likes this.