• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Shrinking AnyDVD HD Ripped Data

freestyler323

hey,

first post, i had a look for such a topic but coulnt find one so thought id sign up and create one. I have begun making backups of my movies using anydvd hd. First up was Black Hawk Down Blue-Ray, once id ripped and merged the two mpeg files together i was left with a 35gb file. BHD is a pretty god movie but doent quite warrant 35gb of my hdd space.

Is there a way to shrink it down without too much loss of picture qaulity?
The reason i ask this question is that a recently viewed a downloaded copy of transformers 720p at a mates and it was only around 6gb in its .mkv format. The picture quality i have to say was better than my 35gb movie, so obviously whoever put the movie up on the net managed to convert/shrink it to a much smaller file with mimimal qaulity loss.

Does anyone know how this is done? Would appreciate any comments/thougts.

The FAQs at the top of this forum cover the current best practices for shrinking and other processing of BDs and HD-DVDs.

yes there is a way. search doom9 and a few others on how to do what you want. the process is a pain and it takes time. as for the quality, both those movies transfers were good although any movie that is mostly CGI will look better than one without.

would someone be able to provide the link to these sources please, ive looked but am struggling to find them. thanks.

Back