• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Shoot 'Em Up problems

u can watch the special features on Shoot'Em Up with anydvd enabled on your pc if u have AI scanner disabled. if AI scanner is enabled, it will mess up your previews and sum special features wont play back at all.

w/ shootem up and 6303 deep scan doesnt give u ZEROS it shows each title and time in clone dvd.

u can watch the special features on Shoot'Em Up with anydvd enabled on your pc if u have AI scanner disabled.

Yeah, but you wrote in the other thread that if you disable the AI scanner, Anydvd ripper won't work on this disc using Anydvd 6.3.0.5.

So there are two scenarios with Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta:

1. AI scanner enabled = Anydvd ripper removing some of the special features ("Ballet of Bullets", you said, wouldn't play)

2. AI scanner disabled = Anydvd ripper not working at all (gives an error message while ripping)

Anyway, I would really like to see some .zip files from Anydvd 6.3.0.0 and Anydvd 6.3.0.3 if possible please. Hopefully these can help James pinpoint the problem. Thank you

in clonedvd u can watch all the extras w/ AI scanner set to deepscan w/6303 everything looks normal w/ those settings. i didnt know if my last post was clear enough.

tebugg is right w/ clonedvd if u try to open the movie with AI disabled it wont open it just gives u an old school error. make sure u have all the vts files on disk blah blah blah. just use 6303 or probably 6305 w/ scanner set to deep scan.

yea those scenario's r correct web. i dont know what changed from 6.3.0.3 to 6.3.0.5 that caused this issue.

YES Including the special features:bowdown:

1. Using what version of Anydvd? Was the AI scanner set to "default"?

2. Describe the method you used to backup the disc, please.

3. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

4. You were able to watch "Ballet of Bullets" on your backup?

Last edited:
w/ shootem up and 6303 deep scan doesnt give u ZEROS it shows each title and time in clone dvd.

1) So 6.3.0.3 with the AI scanner set to "deep scan" works fine?

2) Is there a problem with the AI scanner set to "default" using 6.3.0.3?

Last edited:
Can people posting here please do me a big favor, please?

1. With Anydvd 6.3.0.5, set the AI scanner to "deep scan" (click red fox icon-->Navigate to "Video DVD" then select "Settings" underneath-->on the right select "Deep scan" under "AI Scanner"). Click "ok".

2. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Select "rip vide-dvd to harddisk".

3. Watch that rip on your computer. Can you watch the special feature called "Ballet of Bullets"? Do the rest of the special features work?

Thank you very much to tebugg and truseq1.

Here is the solution:

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.3: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

2. Set the AI scanner to "deep scan" (click red fox icon-->Navigate to "Video DVD" then select "Settings" underneath-->on the right select "Deep scan" under "AI Scanner"). Click "ok".

3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Select "rip video-dvd to harddisk".

4. Use whatever program you want on that rip.

Last edited:
webslinger i think the problem w/ the Ai scanner is that it was confused w/ the commentary and other things as being unreferenced material but when u put it to deep scan it actual goes threw it better and realizes its times and data. default was thorough for 6303. enjoy!!

webslinger i think the problem w/ the Ai scanner is that it was confused w/ the commentary and other things as being unreferenced material but when u put it to deep scan it actual goes threw it better and realizes its times and data.

Well, 6.3.0.5 won't work properly with this disc no matter what you do--even on deep scan. So this may be something that James wants to look into.

default was thorough for 6303

Based on what I've read from everyone's feedback, the AI scanner set to default with 6.3.0.3 does not backup the special features properly. But thanks to you and tebugg, I know 6.3.0.3 works fine with deep scan enabled.

james thats weird that 6305 doesnt work and 6303 does. this is the first time i didnt update to a newer beta and im glad. im sure ull figure it out though.

Allright, I found the problem with "Shoot 'Em Up" and "WAR". Next beta will fix this.

Thank you very much to tebugg and truseq1.

Here is the solution:

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.3: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

2. Set the AI scanner to "deep scan" (click red fox icon-->Navigate to "Video DVD" then select "Settings" underneath-->on the right select "Deep scan" under "AI Scanner"). Click "ok".

3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Select "rip video-dvd to harddisk".

4. Use whatever program you want on that rip.

This did not work for me. At 56% processed, an error message stating "FileIO VTS_02_1.VOB 0 86016" popped up. It was a no go.

I am using 6.3.0.3 with deep scan. I tried using CloneDVD to copy (without first ripping to hard drive) in both deep scan and default (thorough) without success. I was only trying to copy the movie (two are shown, I just picked the first in the list) with both 6 channel audio tracks. I was not trying to copy any of the "bonus features." I got a "cyclic redundancy" error at 99% both times as if the disc were dirty. It is not.

Are there any other workarounds for Shoot 'em Up?

Vortec MAX

This did not work for me. At 56% processed, an error message stating "FileIO VTS_02_1.VOB 0 86016" popped up. It was a no go.

You either have a bad original disc (Go exchange it) or you still have that Drive Letter Access filter junk on your system: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=63941&postcount=12

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "DLACDBHM". Click "Remove Selected Filter". select "drvmcdb". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever installed that filter will no longer work properly.

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd 6.3.0.3 running in the background (with "deep scan" enabled), select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
I got it to work. I used CloneDVD (with AnyDVD running deep scan) to write just the movie and two 6 channel soundtracks to the hard drive as "DVD Files." Then I used CloneDVD to write those files to a DVD.

When I tried using CloneDVD without ripping to the HD first, it failed.

When I tried ripping the entire DVD to the HD first, it failed. (I tried with CloneDVD and AnyDVD)

This is good enough for me. I don't need all the bonus features on my backup.

Vortec MAX

This is good enough for me. I don't need all the bonus features on my backup.

Suit yourself. Several people have ripped the entire disc without issue (with 6.3.0.3 with deep scan).

You most likely have a bad original disc, but removing those junk packet writing filters on your system may help.

Back