"Shenzhen RedFox" (Chinese company) text appears during install

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Polar Weasel, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Polar Weasel

Polar Weasel New Member

My understanding is that RedFox is based in Belize, as indicated by the ".bz" domain for their website. During a recent install of AnyDVD HD 8.2.3.0, the text "Shenzhen RedFox" flashed by. A Google search indicates that this is a Chinese company.

Why does RedFox, the Belize-based developer of AnyDVD HD, have anything to do with Shenzhen RedFox?

-Polar Weasel

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I never saw anything like that pass by during installation, but I never really looked. EDIT: I just looked, nothing like that shows during installation. And Its says Redfox Shenzhen Project on the certificate.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

The DOMAIN is hosted in Belize, that's it. Nothing else, RedFox does NOT have a specific central location. The Shenzhen you're taking about is the digital publisher name, if you look at the FULL name it should say something like Shenzhen RedFox project. Perfectly normal, long story short it has to do with having to get a new digital signature to sign the installer and AnyDVD driver after the slysoft shutdown and their digital signature expired.

Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

We are everywhere. ;)

5. StoneyJSG

StoneyJSG Well-Known Member

I saw this too, but figured it was just a cool name given to it.

6. Jeff R 1

Jeff R 1 Well-Known Member

And no where... o_O......... :giggle:

7. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

We are in a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the RedFox Zone.

8. Jeff R 1

Jeff R 1 Well-Known Member

9. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

So women instinctively know about the fifth dimension? And have no fears or knowledge? :whistle::eek:

10. ZARTT

ZARTT Well-Known Member

"UP UP AND AWAY"

11. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That's Superman, not the fifth dimension

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

12. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Mankind is just a word, it actually includes women. :whistle::rockingchair:

13. DrXenos

DrXenos Well-Known Member

Actually, it's a song by the group "The 5th Dimension" (1967).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    testiles and whatever_gong82 like this.