• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Setting region from within AnyDVD

TheLyppardMan

Occasionally I will get a message suggesting that I change the setting in AnyDVD to match the region of the DVD I am using. My questiuon is, if I do that, does that reduce the number of times I can make such a change (as happens if one makes the change within Windows)?

if I do that, does that reduce the number of times I can make such a change
Yes, it does, as you make this change in Windows. (Close AnyDVD completely and remove the disc if any before you do that).

AnyDVD should take care of any region restrictions after that. In fact, it is even recommend to do so, since it can solve problems with decrypting a DVD. Maybe you will find something when you search this forum for "DVD region setting". For example, this thread.

And if you should have any issues with a disc, just create a logfile from it and post in here in the forum, along with any useful information like your drive, is it external or internal and so on. Some things are in the log already, but it is never a bad idea to write a bit more.

Also, please post that in the correct forum then.
For example, you ask about a DVD, but posted it in General Chat. Instead, this belongs to the AnyDVD DVD subforum.
Don't worry, this is just a hint. A mod will move it for you.

Occasionally I will get a message suggesting that I change the setting in AnyDVD to match the region of the DVD I am using. My questiuon is, if I do that, does that reduce the number of times I can make such a change (as happens if one makes the change within Windows)?
Yes. Set the drive to the region you use the most (exit AnyDVD before you do). If you get the warning on region code mismatch (e.g. Drive set to 1, Disc is only region 2) check actual problems with DVD player software. Don't rip or copy, just test the original disc. Usually you won't notice problems.

I did have a problem with trying to rip my latest DVD box set and AnyDVD mentioned the drive I have as being one of those that sometimes problematic (sorry but I can't remember the exact message). I tried just playing the discs using VLC Media Player, but it wouldn't play the discs. I then tried my Panasonic DVD player attached to my TV and the discs played in that. I remembered that I had a problem with another box set some time ago and I found a review I made of a different DVD writer on Amazon, so I purchased the same DVD writer again and lo and behold, everything started working normally. Here is the Amazon review I wrote at the time: "When my existing DVD/Blu-ray Writer started being fussy about which region-locked discs it would play, I decided on a new option. My initial idea was to leave my original writer on region 1 (as it wouldn't play my complete dvd series of Touched by an Angel region 1 discs here in the UK, which is region 2) and use the new LiteOn drive for region 2 discs, but I've found that my new writer/player will play any discs, except Blu-ray and I rarely buy those anyway. So I've very pleased with my purchase and will stick with this brand from now on."

Back