• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SetDisplayFrequency.exe

markfilipak

Is there documentation for 'SetDisplayFrequency.exe'? Usage examples? Scripts?

It doesn't respond to the usual 'help' arguments:

C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD>SetDisplayFrequency.exe ?
C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD>SetDisplayFrequency.exe /?
C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD>SetDisplayFrequency.exe -?
C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD>SetDisplayFrequency.exe -h
C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD>SetDisplayFrequency.exe -help
C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD>SetDisplayFrequency.exe --help

My problem:
I play movies on Display 2. Display 2 is an HD TV connected via HDMI. I occasionally need to set it. I believe that's what 'SetDisplayFrequency.exe' is for, eh?

Thanks for helping,
Mark.

SetDisplayFrequency only works with the primary monitor.

Perhaps I'll try changing the frequency of my primary (laptop) display. That brings me back around to my original question. How do I use SetDisplayFrequency? It doesn't respond to the usual 'help' arguments.

You just add the frequency as a parameter in Hz.
0 = default, revert to last saved value
50 = 50
60 = 60
23 = 23.9...
24 = 24
59 = 59.9...

Optional parameter /keep saves the value

e.g. SetDisplayFrequency.exe 60 /keep

It is just a rudimentary tool, there are much better utilities available in the public domain.

EDIT:
And it is intended to be started by AnyDVD's "start external program" feature on disc insertion.
Check out the feature in AnyDVD settings -> program settings -> external program
It was never intended to be used from the command line.

Last edited:
Hi James,

Well, it looks like my primary display can't be set... Everything except 'SetDisplayFrequency 60' provokes an error notice.

Too bad. I watch movies (and test various frequency HandBrake transcodes) on my secondary display (HDMI TV). In order to do that, I had to connect the TV to my DisplayPort via an DP-HDMI adapter; NVIDIA provides a GUI to change DP refresh Hz, but a CLI method would be convenient to avoid click-click-click.

I imagine you provided SetDisplayFrequency as a convenience for watching movies. That's thoughtful, but I wonder how many people watch movies solely on a secondary display. Oh, well.

Have a good day, James.

Back