• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Seeking Basic Conversion Settings...

Big Hurry

I am new to CloneDVD mobile (sorry!) and am trying to convert my first DVD. My source is an unprotected DVD and I hope to output a continuous AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, etc. that I can play on a PC or laptop using Windows Media Player. One day soon I plan to distribute it as streaming video from a server.

When I open CloneDVD mobile, I am asked which device to copy to as opposed to what format do I seek. I just want a PC compatible (Windows Media Player) format. I tried "Generic divX" and a few others to no avail. The best I achieved was an "AVI" that has audio but no video.

Can this program meet my needs? How can I do it?

Thanks in advance!

I tried "Generic divX" and a few others to no avail. The best I achieved was an "AVI" that has audio but no video.

do you have the divX codec necessary to create divX files? i choose "Generic divX" when i convert using Clone DVD Mobile and have had no problems yet creating .avi files that i can watch either on my computer or my stand alone dvd player.

I am new to CloneDVD mobile (sorry!) and am trying to convert my first DVD. My source is an unprotected DVD and I hope to output a continuous AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, etc. that I can play on a PC or laptop using Windows Media Player. One day soon I plan to distribute it as streaming video from a server.

When I open CloneDVD mobile, I am asked which device to copy to as opposed to what format do I seek. I just want a PC compatible (Windows Media Player) format. I tried "Generic divX" and a few others to no avail. The best I achieved was an "AVI" that has audio but no video.

Can this program meet my needs? How can I do it?

Thanks in advance!

I use the Windows Mobile Smartphone setting. You also need to direct DVD mobile to convert in the file in the "DVD video files" window.

This converts it into an AVI file that should play on any Windows Media Player. It does on mine.

When I open CloneDVD mobile, I am asked which device to copy to as opposed to what format do I seek. I just want a PC compatible (Windows Media Player) format.

+1 for this request. I know the focus for CloneDVD *Mobile* is to get movies onto a mobile device, but CloneDVD can only rip the files, and no conversions. I would like to have more options for backing up and keeping the files on my PC in Mpeg, WMV, formats, not only generic Divx. Generic Divx is the only one I could find which allows keeping the NTSC resolution, others here such as Windows Mobile limit the resolution to the expected mobile device, which is not what I want. There does seem to be a big gap - big opportunity! - for Slysoft to fill.

Thanks for the help!

oolalajp, sanfrancisco, arsewipe -- I appreciate your ideas. (I was away for a few days). I'll look into the CODECs and the Mobile Smartphone settings. Just knowong you've been able to do what I am attempting gives me hope! I'll post after I get results! Thanks again! :clap:

What application (I prefer freeware or a cheap one) do you recommend to convert the ripped DVD into different formats (mpeg, wmv, mp4...) ?
I have the bought version of Ulead Video Studio Plus, but this app is a little buggy just in this section (crashes often on my system).

Back