• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

See estimated file size before download

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
I was wondering, @Prospere since AnyStream knows the video and audio stream sizes, I was wondering if that's any way the download properties window (the one where your select audio stream and click to actually start the download) can somehow show the estimated file size of the completed download.

The thing that triggered this thought was downloading a tv show episode at 720p and best audio stream and it still has barely 400mb. (Though the video quality itself was just fine)

I mainly download shows at 720p to save some hard disk space as full hd shows can easily rack up 1.5+ GB and I'd like to keep mine at around 8-900mb.

The easiest way I see this possible is when a user selects an audio stream and a video resolution, somewhere next to the resolution perhaps it's the combined file size mentioned.

Before I make this a request, I'd like to know if it's even double.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Done and no worries. The fact that it's doable and approved is enough for me.

I was just looking to see if this had been asked for. Since I found it, that is the good news. As we are closing in on this request being a year old (OK, not quite), perhaps it is up a bit on the list. The reason I looked this up is that for those of us on a metered connection, it would be nice to know how much bandwidth we will consume BEFORE consuming it. The example came up when I wanted to download Paranormal Activity 1 and 2. So I tried PA1 at 720p and it was 1.3 gig. I then tried PA2 at 1080p and it was 8.5 gig - not worth it. But you can't just return the bandwidth.

But you can't just return the bandwidth.
For those on with bandwidth limitations (ie: 100 gigs/month, even 1-2 tb/month), I think this is a very good argument. Considering that most of the US providers have implemented these , would be very worthwhile to have this implemented
Doesn't affect me personally (thankfully), but I can definitely see this as something that is needed

Back