• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Securom Problems

g@m3rz

Having problems creating a profile for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. The game never starts, gives a error message:

A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (6000).

Then the profile is complete - it shows the same message upon every attempt to start.

1. GJ version: 3.0.1.6
2. OS: WinXP Pro SP3
3. No virtual drives installed ImgBurn CD burning software installed
4. No packet writing software
5. SecuROM Detected - Version 7.27.0014
6. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
7. Version 1
8. CD version
9. USA region
10. CPU: Core 2 E8400 3.0Ghz
11. Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1L
12. Avast antivirus software (not running), Comodo firewall (defense plus is off)
13. problem is: A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (6000).

14. Log is attached
15. File attached

I also have issues starting a profile for World in Conflict with Securom messages. Normally takes 3-4 attempts to get the game open.

I tried beta version 3.0.2.4, but there was ability to create GRAW profile and my computer locked up when attempting to open CoD4 (tried it several times with the same result).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 3
  • filters.txt
    619 bytes · Views: 3
I also have issues starting a profile for World in Conflict with Securom messages. Normally takes 3-4 attempts to get the game open.

I've had problems with WiC too. To fix the problem, you might want to run the 'update' option after right clicking on the game icon in game jackal. Then run the game again. If it still detects missing data, you'll see that the update option is once again available. Try running it several times. If that doesn't get all the info from the disk that GJ needs, try unchecking 'lock capture mode' and put the disk back in the drive and run the profile. When it exits, it goes through the profile creation phase again and hopefully that will get the rest of what you need.

Usually if I have a profile that won't work all the time or is slow to start, its because it didn't get all the information it needed when initially creating the profile.

Once again this is an on going problem... it all stems from the game management feature in GJ. We are creating a plugin called profile doctor which will be able to fix this type of issue... however it is a couple of weeks away.

In the meantime you can fix the issue by disabling game management (under the profiles advanced settings) and inserting the game dvd and repeatedly starting the game. Each time you start the game advance the date of you machine by one day until you have covered a month (Securom looks at different sectors based on the day of the month). Once you do this right-click the profile and select "Update". This will sort out the profile for good.

Each time you start the game advance the date of you machine by one day until you have covered a month (Securom looks at different sectors based on the day of the month).
It's 10 consecutively repeated sector checks, so 30 trials shouldn't be required ;)

btw. Those sectors' relative position is always the same for every SecuROM CD/DVD title.
Wouldn't some generic method of dumping these 10 regions be more practical than having to log 10 (or more) times ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't some generic method of dumping these 10 regions be more practical than having to log 10 (or more) times ?

Isn't the Profile Doctor, when completed, going to pretty much do what you're talking about?

Last edited:
In the meantime you can fix the issue by disabling game management (under the profiles advanced settings)

Disabling "Game Management" allowed the profile to be created.

Thanks

Back