• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Screen Pass Protection on Masterpiece: The Durrells in Corfu Season 2 UK Edition

OK.
Sry I hope I'm not nerving, if it appears I'd delay the thread with my "interrogating" questions :D

Could you use your protected iso from AnyDVD as input again?
(But now you use a another program for output).
As output you use ImgBurn (not CloneBD)
As Ch3vr0n said CloneBD does not handle protected iso or protected media (while AnyDVD is off)

So could you burn the protected iso (AnyDVD off !!) with ImgBurn to a blanc media
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
........................................................................................
It's important the iso is protected, and created from the original BD-ROM disc with AnyDVD "Keep copy protection", not from CloneBD (as this is not a protected input source!!)
So burn the protected iso (AnyDVD off !!) with ImgBurn to a blanc BD-RE media.
See instructions to burn with ImgBurn: See screenshots
(AnyDVD off!!)
As burning speed, a lower or lowest speed that your BD-RE media supports is recommended.
The burning quality is better with lower burning speeds.
(If you use a too low setting, which media doesn't support, ImgBurn automatically uses the next faster lowest speed, which the media supports)

Then try to play this in your Sony player.
........................................................................................
It's important the iso is protected, and created from the original BD-ROM disc with AnyDVD "Keep copy protection", not from CloneBD (as this is not a protected input source!!)

The idea is, that if the protected burnt media plays, (but the decrypted burnt don't), maybe it's some kind of more convincing proof to the developers, that the decryption of this Screenpass/BlackScreen disc might not be handled entirely properly by AnyDVD. :)

Attachments

• ImgBurn_Choose_what_to_do.PNG
    ImgBurn_Choose_what_to_do.PNG
    67.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1)ImgBurn_Write_Image_file_to_disc.PNG
    1)ImgBurn_Write_Image_file_to_disc.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 2)ImgBurn_Write_Image_file_to_disc.PNG
    2)ImgBurn_Write_Image_file_to_disc.PNG
    93.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
OK.
Sry I hope I'm not nerving, if it appears I'd delay the thread with my "interrogating" questions :D

Could you use your protected iso from AnyDVD as input again?
(But now you use a another program for output).
As output you use ImgBurn (not CloneBD)
As Ch3vr0n said CloneBD does not handle protected iso or protected media (while AnyDVD is off)

So could you burn the protected iso (AnyDVD off !!) with ImgBurn to a blanc media
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
So burn the protected iso (AnyDVD off !!) with ImgBurn to a blanc BD-RE media.
See instructions to burn with ImgBurn: See screenshots
(AnyDVD off!!)
As burning speed, a lower or lowest speed that your BD-RE media supports is recommended.
The burning quality is better with lower burning speeds.
(If you use a too low setting, which media doesn't support, ImgBurn automatically uses the next faster lowest speed, which the media supports)

Then try to play this in your Sony player.

The idea is, that if the protected burnt media plays, (but the decrypted burnt don't), maybe it's some kind of more convincing proof to the developers, that the decryption of this Screenpass/BlackScreen disc might not be handled entirely properly by AnyDVD. :)
You are not nerving. I have health issues and am a caregiver. I appreciate very much you staying with me on this issue.

As requested, I created an iso file with the original PROTECTED iso (input) using ImgBurn. AnyDVD was disabled. I played the resulting iso (from ImgBurn) on my Sony Player. The time clock ran to 6 seconds and stops. The screen was Black the entire 6 seconds except for an occasional background image with NO sound. I could not get any menu options to work.

Blank Disc ID: VERBAT-Imf-000

Last edited:
You are not nerving. I have health issues and am a caregiver. I appreciate very much you staying with me on this issue.

As requested, I created an iso file with the original PROTECTED iso (input) using ImgBurn. AnyDVD was disabled. I played the resulting iso (from ImgBurn) on my Sony Player. The time clock ran to 6 seconds and stops. The screen was Black the entire 6 seconds except for an occasional background image with NO sound. I could not get any menu options to work.

Blank Disc ID: VERBAT-Imf-000

No, you misunderstood a bit, in this case better make the (protected) image with AnyDVD imaging ripper (Keep protection) from the original BD-ROM,
not with ImgBurn!!
(I'm not sure if ImgBurn would create a proper protected iso-image in this case, when it's a Screenpass/Blackscreen protected disc.

After that exit/close AnyDVD, and then burn that protected iso (made with AnyDVD image ripper - keep protection) with ImgBurn to a BD-RE DL.

Do you have (re)writable Blu-ray media (BD-RE) brand for those tests which is compatible to your Sony player?
Well, then you wouldn't have to waste a blanc BD-(R) DL each time.
-----

If that won't work either with the protected iso: I've just googled a bit about Screenpass.
If I understood correctly it uses some Java Code which checks if it's a pressed BD (BD-ROM) or a burnt one. And the BD-ROM also has some watermark which you can't include into the copy, and maybe the Sony Player detects this.
Or maybe it will play because your Sony player is older than from January/February 2012. And Screenpass is a still more younger/recent thing than Cinavia.
So your Sony player maybe doesn't check this Screenpass Java code which would detect missing watermark in the protected iso copy.
I guess the Java code, which checks for the watermar is included in the protected copy.

Well all I know that there's e technicue about "cloaking" which masks the iso/ the burnt disc as a real BD-ROM

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong about Screenpass things etc.!! :)

Last edited:
No, you misunderstood a bit, in this case better make the (protected) image with AnyDVD imaging ripper (Keep protection) from the original BD-ROM,
not with ImgBurn!!
Correct.
(I'm not sure if ImgBurn would create a proper protected iso-image in this case, when it's a Screenpass/Blackscreen protected disc.
ImgBurn has no problem with Screenpass. The problem is bus encryption, which - if present- will render an ImgBurn image useless.
If I understood correctly it uses some Java Code which checks if it's a pressed BD (BD-ROM) or a burnt one. And the BD-ROM also has some watermark which you can't include into the copy, and maybe the Sony Player detects this.
Or maybe it will play because your Sony player is older than from January/February 2012. And Screenpass is a still more younger/recent thing than Cinavia.
So your Sony player maybe doesn't check this Screenpass Java code which would detect missing watermark in the protected iso copy.
I guess the Java code, which checks for the watermar is included in the protected copy.
Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong about Screenpass things etc.!! :)
Well, this is so confusing, I don't know where to start to correct you. But I guarantee, no player will play a protected image or a disc created from a protected image. It is encrypted and the keys for decryption missing, as they can't be copied. Hence the name "copy protection".

Correct.

ImgBurn has no problem with Screenpass. The problem is bus encryption, which - if present- will render an ImgBurn image useless.

Well, this is so confusing, I don't know where to start to correct you. But I guarantee, no player will play a protected image or a disc created from a protected image. It is encrypted and the keys for decryption missing, as they can't be copied. Hence the name "copy protection".

Yup it's confusing.
So a burnt Disc from an encrypted image generally can't be played in Blu-ray player device, even when the player device's firmware knows the decryption key, (and even there's no Bus encyption in place when making the image?
I'm not sure, maybe it's some kind of verification key, stored on a BD-ROM disc which which the player device compares with the AACS decryption key and it looks if it matches.
But if you can't copy the "verification" key into the iso, if there's such verification thing happening, then it's more clear to me that it won't play, (at least not in Blu-ray player device)

Are the decryption keys stored in one/two places (player device's firmware; licensed playing software
and/or
on the BD-ROM in a copyable area/not copyable area) ?

---------------------------------------
At least playing from a protected image (No Screenpass - and no Bus encryption - with AnyDVD on) tested working with MPV and VLC on my computer.
----------------------------------------------
I must admit I didn't test playing burnt Discs from encrypted iso-images on a Blu-ray player-device (AnyDVD off anyways), and I didn't test that with PowerDVD with (AnyDVD=off).

Well world123's his BD-REWH16NS40 device supports bus encryption, but at least his disc doesn't ask for it fortunately :)

Last edited:
of course it can't, because non-copyable disc part that holds decryption info isn't present on the backup. So the protection kicks in. A protected image is only usefull when you have AnyDVD running to decrypt it again. And you can't install anydvd on a standalone player :)

Does a BD-ROM (protected of course) hold decryption info?
But a protected image again doesn't hold decryption info?
I hope I interpreted it correctly :)

Of course it does, that's what we've been saying for a while now. That's the 'uncopyable' part a drive can read but not rip/burn to iso/disc

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back