• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

scratched DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, its not that difficult to put the feature in. For those who do not want it do not select it. It will not be on by default but by option. It will then give a short warning that this will not be a perfect copy and that some frames may be missing or dropped. Also it its possible that you may cause premature wear on your 30.00 DVD Lite on player (Big deal).

Many DVD movies that are rented are scratched and play seemingly perfectly.
Take 50 people that viewed it and non will noticed the skipped frame. If there are too many then it will barely play and be ejected from most good DVD players. The point is there are many DVDs that do play the movie well but on not bit for bit perfect. Our brains are analog and will not miss a few digital bits (Up to a point). So put the stinking feature in, the rest of you perfecto wannabes just don't select that feature. Ok nuff said.

Its not that hard...... and there is no spoon!

Why would I want a perfect copy? I am using the copy just to stop scratching originals. When I play my scratched original, the DVD player skips those damaged frames anyway! Who cares if they are skipped because unreadable or not present at all? I just don't get the argument of a perfect copy is needed. Anyway, I am copying to DVD-5 discs, which means that the movie are already "imperfect" due to the higher level of compression used to fit the disc.

Of course, I should shop for a place to resurface the disc. That would be the best solution to get a perfect backup. But my 3 kids are under 4 years old and don't care if there are some skipped frames here and there...

I'll definately try other softwares.

Many DVD movies that are rented are scratched and play seemingly perfectly.

Playing and backing up are two separate things. Just because a disc plays does not imply the entire disc can be ripped without error (and in some cases without large sections of the film missing).

The point is there are many DVDs that do play the movie well but on not bit for bit perfect.

The point is I and others don't want 10 second-1 minute sections of our film missing, and as Whisperer stated the state of the original disc and the capacity of the reader reader is far more helpful here.

So put the stinking feature in, the rest of you perfecto wannabes just don't select that feature.

As this appears to be your first post, I invite you to read the forum rules:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

If you wish for the developers of Clonedvd, Elaborate Bytes, to implement scratch skipping, then contact Elaborate Bytes:

http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/contact.html

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back