• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Scrambled Audio

gwilterdink

CloneDVD mobile does a beautiful job of converting 16:9 (widescreen) video into a 4:3 AVI file I use on my Arcos AV320. The audio on the other hand, is unusable. It's all scrambled and unintelligable. Since everything is kind of "behind the scenes", I don't know what CloneDVD mobile is doing with the audio. Any ideas?

Thanks

The audio is complete gibberish, or just out of sync? Do the AVIs play fine on your PC?

The scrambled audio is in sync. The best way to describe it is kind of like someone trying to gargle and talk at the same time. The AVI file plays great on the PC and on a Divx capable DVD player. Maybe it's something as simple as variable bit rate verses constant bit rate but I have no way of knowing what CloneDVD mobile is doing in the background or even what MP3 encoder it is using.

The relevant section of the DEVICES.INI file for your device is as follows:

[AV320]
Manufacturer=Archos
Res1=320x240
ResAna1=320x180
ResExpand1=320x240
VCodec=mpeg4
VTag=DIVX
Acodec=mp3
ARate=44100
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=mp3
MaxVBitrate=2000

This shows that it's using a 44.1KHz 128Kb/s audio stream, and since there's nothing to suggest that it's VBR, I would assume it's CBR - this is supported by examination of DivX files I've already generated.

If you split out the MP3 from the AVI using an appropriate utility, does it play by itself on your Archos?

Do you have a program in mind that I could use to strip the MP3 audio stream from the AVI file?

Funny... I thought it would take 30 seconds to find a little freeware app to spit out the mp3... but I'm surprised to find that it's not that easy! Have spent half an hour looking for you, no joy so far! lol

Anybody else?

Last edited:
Back