• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

saw3 and open season

burnandrip

just got saw3 for the 5th. time and open season for the 2nd. time,as quick as they get reconzied my red fox goes to grey and can not shrink either movie.

1) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd:
- Check - 6.1.1.4
2) State a)the specific version of Anydvd you're using, b)the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and c)the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.
6.1.1.4, Nero 7 Ultra Edition, and DVD Shrink 3.2

3) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.
Saw III, Region 1, United States, Jan 22, 2007

4) Specify a)the brand and b)model number of your optical reader and writer with c)firmware versions for these optical drives. d) Let us know what operating system (version number and service pack, if applicable) you're using as well.
HD LT ST DVD Rom GDR8162B, Sony DVD-RW DRU-810A, Windows XP Pro w/ SP2

5) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

6) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

7) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
SONY DVD RW DRU-810A 1.0A JUN06 ,2005
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Saw_3_Unrated
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 90 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

8) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).
DVD Shrink encountered and error and cannot continue.
Failed to read [CD ROM]

DVD Shrink encountered and error and cannot continue.
Failed to read [CD ROM]

Saw 3 Region 1 can be backed up fully using Anydvd 6.1.1.4 and Clonedvd2, Clonecd, and Nero Recode. I am of the opinion it won't work with Shrink yet and Anydvd. You may have to wait until James gets the disc.

Saw 3 Region 1 can be backed up fully using Anydvd 6.1.1.4 and Clonedvd2, Clonecd, and Nero Recode. I am of the opinion it won't work with Shrink yet and Anydvd. You may have to wait until James gets the disc.

That's correct. As of this writing, Saw3 will NOT work with AnyDVD and DVDShrink. I'm gonna wait it out. Nothing against CloneDVD, but I'm used to Shrink, happy with Shrink, and hate to train myself on new software once I'm happy. I'm sure AnyDVD will catch up to Saw3 soon - it always does.

-W

Saw III Copy Made!

:agree: I had quite a time getting my computer to copy SAW III, all my programs: DVD Shrnk, 1Click DVD Copy, CLONE DVD, would not even see the DVD in the burner, I even brought the DVD back to the store telling them it was defective, when I got the new SAW III one home, I had the same problem, nothing would read the disk! As a last ditch effort, I put the DVD in, opened Nero Recode to Copy full DVD, browsed it as in my E: drive, and low and behold it WORKED! Nero encoded it, then I clicked BURN, and expected some sort of error, BUT IT WORKED! I was astounded! I made a copy with NO problem, and from the COPY made by Nero, I used DVD Shrink to put it on the hard drive. I should mention that I upgraded my OEM Nero 6.x.x.x to the latest NERO FREE UPGRADE to get NERO Recode, but found that the full program didn't work with DVD Shrink( I would get can't find TRF Error), so I removed the upgrade, but kept Nero RECODE, and it looks like it has great ripping qualitys, that my other programs can't do or match! Anyway, I got to copy SAW III, and to be honest, I just stumbled onto it! ANYDVD ROCKS! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!:bowdown:

I have Nero also.. and could get the free update. But again.. I'm too lazy to wanna use anything but DVDShrink 3.2 :)

And I'll continure to use Shrink until I get into HD-DVD or Blue-Ray. that's the whole point and beauty of AnyDVD - It works with whatever ripper and burner YOU want to use. I'd rather wait out Saw3 than to install and learn anything other than Shrink.

I hope when they release the "Saw3 update" they mention it by name in the release notes. :D

-W

saw 3- unrated

I also tried burning Saw 3 with slysoft 6.1.1.4 along with dvd shrink and it didnt burn for me. If i pressed on full disk, the only thing that came out was: Dvd shrink encountered a problem and can not continue, failed to read file E:\ . so then i pressed on: Re- author and on the drive the movie was in, and i got only: Audio and video TS- folders. What is it that i am doing wrong?

So the update from slysoft 6.1.1.4 did not work for me.
Please responde as soon as possilble. Thanks:(

I have Nero also.. and could get the free update. But again.. I'm too lazy to wanna use anything but DVDShrink 3.2 :)

And I'll continure to use Shrink until I get into HD-DVD or Blue-Ray. that's the whole point and beauty of AnyDVD - It works with whatever ripper and burner YOU want to use. I'd rather wait out Saw3 than to install and learn anything other than Shrink.

I hope when they release the "Saw3 update" they mention it by name in the release notes. :D

-W

I also have been using Shrink for years. Great free software for it's time. They no longer support this program so as time goes by, you're gonna find more and more DVD's that shrink cannot handle. Not unlike DVD XCopy by 321 Studios, was obsolete quickly with new encryption methods used.
CloneDVD 2 is extremely easy to learn and use.
I suggest you download the free trial of Clone DVD and play with it a few weeks. Sure you'll be satisfied with it's ease of use and support.
Hope this helps,
Brad

Anydvd 6.1.1.4 and Clonedvd2 do work together for Saw3.

I tried a different method at first with,

DVD Decrypter
Ripit4me
FixVTS

And it worked as well.

I also have been using Shrink for years. Great free software for it's time. They no longer support this program so as time goes by, you're gonna find more and more DVD's that shrink cannot handle.

Sorry to dissagree but I should NEVER find a conventional single or duel-layer DVD that Shrink cannot handle.

If Shrink cannot handle a conventional DVD then it is ENCRYPTED - and that's what AnyDVD is exactly FOR - to make sure Shrink CAN handle it. Just give Slysoft a chance to get a copy and see what they did to SAW3 - they'll crack it.

Again... So long as the "legacy DVD" format does not change (and it won't) then DVDShrink 3.2 coupled with AnyDVD WILL get them all. The only thing unsupported with Shrink is newer COPY PROTECTION, It's only purpose today is as a "dumb-ripper" and a GREAT shrinker. The newer copy protection is EXACTLY what AnyDVD is for, nothing to do with Shrink. DVDShrink will always work with a conventional (non HD or Blue-Ray) DVD once the newer *copy protection* is negated by AnyDVD.

-W (I'm not speaking to NEW DVD technologies lile HD and BLUE-RAY, which I don't expect Shrink to EVER handle)

Last edited:
I too had problems using the latest version of any dvd with shrink, then I downloaded the latest version of dvd clone 2 as a trial to see if its something that I would want to get, and I still cannot copy saw 3. I dont know how some people are doing it but I hope the problem is fixed soon. Darn these new releases!

According to the other SAW3 thread, James at Slysoft is getting a copy of SAW3 in to see what they did to it. There have been many sporadic reports of SAW3 working and not-working with various decripter/ripper combos. Just give them a moment to look it over. One great think about Slysoft... as the DVD companies keep building better mousetraps - Slysoft keeps building a better mouse. :D

-W

Their mousetraps as you call it to is effecting the original on playback on a stand alone. Saw 3 and the texas chainsaw massacre both skipped and paused on PC and the player. I made a back up of the 2 and no skips or nothing. Now we are eventually going to BD or what I want HDDVD I hope it is better quality by then and not crappy media or presses.

since they are starting to be limited on what copy blockes they can make to not allow us to copy them is making them mess up playing on normal dvd players, hopefully they will just give up.

I too had problems using the latest version of any dvd with shrink, then I downloaded the latest version of dvd clone 2 as a trial to see if its something that I would want to get, and I still cannot copy saw 3. !

Anydvd 6.1.1.4 + Clonedvd2 2.9.0.3 (not dvd clone) + Saw 3 R1 = no problems

If you do have a problem, chances are you have a bad original disc (even if it looks fine) that needs to be exchanged. Many bad discs of Saw 3 R1 are out there.

I also have been using Shrink for years. Great free software for it's time. They no longer support this program so as time goes by, you're gonna find more and more DVD's that shrink cannot handle. Not unlike DVD XCopy by 321 Studios, was obsolete quickly with new encryption methods used.

I also have to disagree with the statement about Shrink. Shrink was not the problem with SawIII, AnyDVD, as well as other decrypters, could not handle it. I used RipIt4Me-FixTVS........... and Shrink did its job effortlessly.
I do agree with your statement about many other softwares not staying around.The "new" version of XCopy (neXtCopy) as well as 1Click, are good examples. They are slow to update and people want what they pay for to work when they want it. That's what has always made AnyDVD a worthwhile investment.

I will disagree with you on your statement as DNC is keeping up on updates and is able to do all movies. As for 1 click there is an update but when:p

i also had a problem the first time i tride to burn saw3! but the latest version of Anydvd and Clonedvd2 worked w/o a hitch the second time around!! dont like dvd shrink or nero 7 ultra edition at all....

I tried DVD Shrink coupled with Any DVD to backup Saw III and it failed. Uploaded the trial version of Clone DVD2 and worked fine the first time. Watched on stand alone and there were no errors or skips....VERY SATISFIED

Back