saw3 and open season

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by burnandrip, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

2. Fina Type

Fina Type Member

I just bought Open Season and used ripit4me, DVDDecripter, Fix/VTS, then DVD Shrink. Movie Burnt Fine ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  3. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Do we allow talk of renting to copy a DVD here?:doh:

4. trussme

trussme Well-Known Member

New Develoment...

Webslinger, just tried to "PLAY" my new Open Season DVD (the one that won't Open/Rip using Any Dvd + Shrink) in three different DVD drives in all 3 of our computers...won't play either in any of them!!!..........so, what's your take on this?:confused:

5. Webslinger

Does it play with Anydvd disabled?

If not, my take is you have a bad disc that needs to be exchanged (even if it looks fine).

6. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Please don't try to couch this as JUST an issue with Shrink. ("The Shrink Problem") Referring to parts 2 and 3 of your own Sticky, Locked, Post of Yesterday...... "Best Way to Rip with AnyDVD"

I can *assure* you that Windows Explorer or the built in AnyDVD rip-tool cannot get SAW3 onto the hard disk iether. This with Shrink not even in the equation. The problem is with Saw3 and several normal rip methods, not just Shrink.

-W

7. Charlie

Ao why was I able to backup the whole disc using clonedvd2 and anydvd then? I think it is a shrink problem that can't get fixed.

8. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Because CloneDVD2 (and a few other rippers) seem unnafecfted by whatever was done (new) to Saw3. We all know this....

But again, the problem is not JUST with Shrink... The very fact that you can't do a regular Windows Explorer rip of the vidio folder indicates that there is some COPY PROTECTION that isn't_getting_broken. <sigh>

And **who** said it's not going to be fixed? The Slysoft dood himself (not the volunteer moderator) said he was getting a copy of SAW3 Region One in order to see what the issue is.

-W

9. Charlie

On getting fixed I was referring to the outdated dvd shrink.

10. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

It's old, but it works on what we can agree to call "legacy DVD's" - now that Blu-Ray and HD are out as the Next Gen DVD's.

Yes... it is out dated... it's as least as outdated as a 20 year old hammer.
    ie Shrink is too DUMB to be obsolete... so long as the COPY PROTECTION is truely broken ahead of it.

-W

11. Charlie

Very true I love to compress with it but that's all plus like the remove adverts feature too.

12. Webslinger

I have no idea what you're talking about. What I posted is the best way to rip with Anydvd.

And while Shrink may not be the only ripper that has problems with Anydvd and this title (1-Click works fine now as well, btw), Shrink certainly does have an issue with this title if you're only using Anydvd. I wasn't trying to "couch" anything. If you read it as otherwise, that's unfortunate.

You'll notice those are listed in order of significance. The #1 method does work.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  13. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

I was just noting that your own posted #2 and #3 methods (that normally work with every other movie) will not work with Saw3 and AnyDVD alone.

I was also using this post to point out that a movie that's had it's copy protection stripped doesn't even NEED a commercial ripper to get it on the hard drive , your #2 method works *every* time on a truely naked DVD.
    -W

14. Webslinger

/shrug ok

The #2 method works on most protected titles as well, provided Anydvd is running in the background.

15. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

I totally agree... that's what I meant by "naked" - once protected but now stripped of all protection by AnyDVD. (ie stripped bare for windows to rape and pillage) :D

And that #2 method has never failed me yet.. so long as AnyDVD is running. It's only with these 2 new titles that it's failing - as is methood #3.

-W

16. Webslinger

I guess some people don't believe me, but I honestly hope this issue will be addressed in a future update. I have reason to believe it will be.

17. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

I believe you. Just to make that clear. I was just objecting to the use of specific language to refer to it as "the problem with Shrink". We OK now?

-W

18. Webslinger

No problem

19. res2cue

res2cue Member

I personally am grateful for this "sticky"... I had never thought, or heard of number 2 method, can't wait to try it... but I have to admit if I've been ripping to my hd for no reason all this time, I'm going to do my best to kick myself in the head!:bowdown:

20. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

BUT, not in a timely fashion. Read my posts thoroughly.
    "They are slow to update and people want what they pay for to work when they want it."